or Connect

Posts by TinkerBelle

We are using most of ours to move. But, I used some for eyeglasses for me and clothing for me, as well as some things for our children and DH. I needed new glasses, badly. I also figured out that I had not bought new bras in three years. So, I bought them. I am not a martyr, but I get caught up in things and don't always notice that my clothes are looking a bid raggedy.
My kids all had tummy time on a quilt on the floor, or in the play yard. They also had swing time, and exersaucer time. No, they were not there ALL day long. They were in there at different times during the day. I only had a sling with #3 and I did use it, but not all day. There is no way I would have been able to cope with holding a child all day long and all night long. I believe that while it is the right thing to do to hold and love on your child, that it is okay to...
Quote: Originally Posted by delfin i believe kids that are bullys are being abused in their homes in some way, in some degree. They are acting up what they learn in their homes, that the person who is bigger and has more power, gets his way. That is not always true. I have a son who is being tested for Aspergers, has severe ADHD, along with emotional and behavioral issues. He was caught bullying a kid last year. He is seeing a...
Children should be taught to keep voices down and be considerate of others, etc. My kids are not allowed to rip and tear around the house, being loud. I am not saying it never happens, but I do not allow it. No one "needs" to be loud. And to me, running in the house is a safety issue. However, it is unreasonable to expect perfect quiet all day long, especially from small children. The ILS can use ear plugs, and soundproof their room as best as they can. That is what lot...
I am doing my best to raise decent young men. I do not worry about shrewish women or having my boys "taken away". I figure that, once they are men, that who they pick for a wife, or even if they don't marry or whatever, is none of my business. I am determined to treat any DIL I may be blessed with, kindly and respectfully, even if I do not particularly like her. I will find something to like and I will get along with her, to the best of my ability. I have learned from...
I would have told him right then and there, "Do not call my child a brat again", and gotten his name, and reported him not only to the hospital, but to the medical board or whatever. It may not be illegal or malpractice, but it is rude and could be considered abusive to call patients names. My middle child has Autism. He got sick a couple of years ago and could not keep anything down for a couple of days, so I took him to the ER. I did explain, when we came in, that he...
Just because someone loves kids, does not mean that they think that kids should be welcome every single solitary place and to every single solitary event. I do find it odd, that kids can come to the ceremony and not the reception. Usually, it is the other way around. I also think that you should put blame on your nephew as well as the bride. Unless she is holding him at gunpoint, she cannot MAKE him conform to her way of doing things. I have a child who has Autism. I...
You need to ask him directly, what EXACTLY he expects. You are not a mind reader. Then go from there. If he is expecting to bring home the paycheck ONLY, and do nothing else, not even parent his own children, then you have an issue. If he wants you to pick up after him and butter his bread, then you have another problem. However, if he wants the house to look a little less messy, then perhaps you could meet him halfway and make an effort. AND he can pitch in, along with...
Quote: Originally Posted by BubbisMama I agree that DS isn't getting enough time with DH. [I]I'm[I] not getting enough time with DH, lol! And it's so important to us to create memories with DS, and while it's important for him to cultivate these memories with his gps, I think our family should come first. I suggested to DH seeing them every other week. DH is very much a people pleaser and his response to that was- they won't be happy with that,...
He is 18. An adult. I don't see what can be done about it. This is something you and DH need to hash out. He should not just let the young man move right in without your feelings being considered, especially if he is gone a lot. My question is, why wouldn't your husband believe you? Does he often think that you are lying about things? I don't mean that in a snarky way, but it would totally piss me off if my husband accused me of lying.