or Connect

Posts by TinkerBelle

Quote: Originally Posted by 2Sweeties1Angel Your adult husband threatened a child? That's even more unacceptable than what the boy is doing to his sister. Either confront the mother or don't, but don't threaten her kids. A 16 yr old is hardly a small child. I agree that the OP's husband could have done something else, but obviously, the "child" is not affected by anything else, since he is allowed to terrorize and abuse his younger sister.
Now that is the case where you call 911.
Well, this might not be popular, but since you basically have nothing to lose, I would confront the mother. Honestly, I could not stand by and watch that crap for a moment. This goes beyond normal teasing and sister/brother stuff. This is child abuse and while I am not normally one to say "call CPS", I would let them know that if the crap does not stop and she does not get her bully of a son some help, that CPS will be contacted. Gosh, what if he actually maims her by...
I embarrassed my mother to oblivion when I was about 2 or 3. We were in line at a seafood carryout place, and a very dark AA man came in. I shouted, "MOMMY, he's BLAAAAAACK!" Mom said she tried to shush me, but I said it again. Mom said she apologized profusely, but the man was extremely offended. I don't remember this incident. As far as my own children go, my oldest asks about why people are different colors. My answer is that God made us all different. I don't know...
Quote: Originally Posted by BellinghamCrunchie Honestly? I would have put an estimated amount of money on the table for the bill and left as soon as the climbing on the table and screaming started. I would be sympathetic and not angry or threatening or punishing (beyond the act of simply leaving) but it would seem to me my child was not able to handle the restaurant right now. Yes. That. My son who has Autism can be very unpredictable. So, if...
When I was a kid, the neighbors at the end of the street let their front and backyard grow up to at least 4 feet. I kid you not. They also had a dog, a sheepdog, that they allowed to get so matted and the poor thing looked SO miserable. The neighbors next to them started seeing snakes, rats and mice, etc, and they tried to politely ask them to mow the yard. The thing was, they had a working mower! This went on for at least a month. They simply didn't want to cut the lawn,...
Quote: Originally Posted by jazzharmony Who here is saying it's negotiable? Unfortunately, it isn't. What is being said is that sweeping generalizations and nasty judgmental behaviors aren't useful in the quest to promote car seat safety. Who is being nasty? Obviously, if a person is willing to walk two miles, carrying a 3 yr old, because he/she refuses to get into the car, then yes, it is negotiable. The child gets to decide whether she...
Quote: Originally Posted by jazzharmony Say you are a passenger, your partner/friend is driving. You are on a highway with no sholder. No place to pull over. Your infant has been screaming hysterically, strapped in her car seat, has vomited from crying, and begins to choke on her own vomit. Do you remove her from the car seat? Just curious. Also, I find the dismissive attitude of some really too bad. Some of us don't have "pissed off kids who...
Quote: So, telling me that if I'd seen all these accidents, I'd value carseats makes about as much sense as if I told you that if you'd been with us, you'd never cross a street again. I respectfully disagree. I "get" that you hate carseats. I don't like them myself. They are a pain in the butt to install sometimes. Kids don't like them. It also hurts when you cannot let your child do what they want to do sometimes. I am speaking from my heart...
Yes, if it is safe to do so. Always.