or Connect

Posts by seagull

I have to admit that I do limit and reject some of the choices from my 5 and 3 year old.  We go to several libraries, but one of them has an entire display of pop lit for toy brands.  I can't tell you what I have endured by reading Little Pony, Barbie, Thomas, Dora, and Princess stories.   I only let them get one book each off of those shelves because I cannot stand the quality of writing and the commercialization.  Plus, they are flimsy paperbacks that seem to always be...
My 3 year old will have an evaluation in a few weeks.  I don't see speech as something that a parent can teach to a child, so I don't think you should see it as a failure on your part.  People develop speech at different rates and some people have to overcome disabilities such as weak muscles or shape of the tongue or nuero features of the brain. I trust that the therapist that we will see wants the best for my child and our family, and I hope that you can develop that...
Glad you worked it out.  I was going to write that raisins are the equivalent of candy on your teeth, but I see that was already covered.
The only "rule" is that food stays in the kitchen or dining room. Water and special events like tree decorating snacks or holiday candy are exceptions. The days tend to follow the same pattern, small self-serve snack like yogurt or cheese at 7 am with more breakfast at 9 am. Sometimes a mid morning snack but that isn't as critical now that my kids are 5 and 3. I usually offer fruit but if they ask for something else that is fine. Lunch is around noon and includes...
What I hope she meant, is that it is always good to have backup plans. I thought my parents would come watch my oldest child. It happened that my dad had a heart attack the day I went into labor. It was a major hassle to find childcare. Things certainly didn't work out like I had planned, but it was all okay.
Mail it back. Pack it very carefully and insure it.
My mother is left handed and was glad that her kids and grandkids are not. She has a huge list of reasons, most of which I don't remember. I think the latest that she told me about was she read about a cell phone that drops calls in the left hand. Other things like scissors, adding machines, manual vehicles etc she has learned to use with a non-dominate hand. It does make it harder. I had my dominate hand in a cast for awhile and it was really hard.
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonR Sorry, too many variables to vote. Age of kids? Distance to travel? Right now my kids are young, nearly 4 and 6, so those times would put me right at kids bedtime (we go up 7-7:30, asleep before 8). So I would not come, unless you were a good friend. If my kids were older, this would change. Also, 2 hours is really short imo. Barely time to arrive, rush through food and cake and then leaving again. So if you...
I had 18 KL0s and 12 infant prefolds that worked well. I would have liked more fitteds but it wasn't necessary.
We love Halloween here, and the kids have been trick or treating every year of their life. At first, it is more of say 'hi' to the neighbors instead of about candy. We enjoy our neighborhood and people seem sincerely interested in our children. So far we have only gone to about 12 houses, but I can see my 5 year old wanting to expand that this year. Plus I adore the pictures of Halloween costume that my mom made for me when I was an infant and toddler. Even though I...