or Connect

Posts by kijip

Wow. I thought this was the LACTIVISM forum. I am shocked that some moms here are defending what is an anti-mother, anti-bf decision. That there would be a debate, but especially on this forum, is very sad for the state of labor and breastfeeding rights in the US. As noted by the court's dissenting opinion, there is no evidence that Totes fired anyone else for unscheduled bathroom breaks. Unless EVERYONE who took unscheduled breaks was similarly dismissed, this rings...
My mom was mostly at home with us till we were through high school. This was due not to her choice but to her health and not having a lot of job skills or experience. She would have been happier as a WOHM, and I think we kids would have been happier too.
With a family history of breast cancer, I would want to follow up. However, I would not be willing to stop nursing in order to do so. I would seek a second opinion and plan on getting regular exams. Is there any other way for them to evaluate besides weaning?
Our son did not talk much at all, barely said even mama, dada, hi etc as a 1 and early 2 year old and then boom, he started talking in full on, complicated sentences. He was around 2 and 1/2 at that point. He has been tested now as a 5 year old (he just turned 6) and is in the gifted range, exceptionally so, 99.9 percentile for verbal skills and reading. I have chatted with a number of other parents of gifted boys and many of them say the same thing, though it...
6 weeks to get comfortable with no nipple pain and able to latch easily etc. Still due to marginal supply it is not super easy since I still have to pump to keep my supply up.
Quote: Originally Posted by G8P4 A culture that makes bottles for many families in the USA a necessity for feeding their children, is antibreastfeeding too. I see your point and I agree. I would like to see long paid maternity leaves, an economic environment where people can choose to be out of the workforce or work part-time etc. However a movement that would marginalize bottles or those that use them is one that IMO is anti-woman and...
It is common for breastfed babies to gain as little as 1/2 an ounce a day at that age. My son was about at 3/4 of an ounce a day, but there were weeks where it was closer to 1/2 ounce.
I think that is fine. Your ped is incorrect that she needs solids to avoid anemia. I have a hard time thinking of a typical baby food that is iron rich anyways. If you are super concerned you could do vitamin supplements, if that is something you are ok with. Trying to force her to eat before she is ready will just cause more problems later on.
I know that when I went to work my son shifted a fair bit of his eating to when I am home with him. Not saying don't be proactive, just think about if your child is maybe getting more at breakfast and dinner now? Membranes should be changed out once a month or so for optimal pump performance. Another thing that has helped me is the massage my breasts while pumping after most of the milk has been expressed and to stop the pump and start it again to get another...
I had a history of low supply with baby #1 5+ years ago and baby #2 was born a bit early and a slow gainer so I was advised (by a truly breastfeeding committed pediatrician) to rouse him for eating at 6 weeks every 3-4 hours tops. Both to firmly establish my supply and to make sure he gained enough weight. Then later on, once he was gaining more, I just cut back to rousing him for a dream feed before I go to bed. If left to his own devices, and this includes when he was...