or Connect

Posts by kijip

Quote: Originally Posted by vbactivist does anyone know how "lifetime maximums" work with insurance coverage? For instance, if we get Blue Cross Blue Shield through my husbands employer, and it has a lifetime maximum of 5,000,000,000 - does that really mean if my daughter uses that up while she is our dependant, and then grows up and gets a job with an employer who also happens to offer Blue Cross blue Shield insurance, she would not be eligible for ANY...
Quote: Originally Posted by G8P4 I see the problem with it. I think that normalizing bottle feeding is antibreastfeeding. More than 1/2 of mothers in the United States are working outside the home by the time their baby is 6 months old. If we want to advocate for extending the nursing relationship past the first few months/weeks and the benefits of breastmilk to the majority of babies in the USA, we need to factor in that for many of them that...
Quote: Originally Posted by KimberlyD0 Honestly I think its making a mountain out of a mole hill. After all you even said that there was a book there that advocates BF. If there is an issue with a child having a doll with a bottle, simply remove the bottle before giving them a doll. I agree. I don't think bottle=anti-breastfeeding. Especially in light of the pro-bf message in the pre-literacy packets. My son takes a bottle while I...
A few thoughts from the perspective of someone with experience living in low income housing (as a child), mixed income affordable housing (as an adult), an adult child of two parents living in different subsidy housing programs AND as a non-profit professional with extensive experience working with those in shelters, transitional housing and all sorts of low income/affordable/section 8 programs: - As pp said, there are developments that are all low income (or mixed...
I will just add here that I have seen time and time agian with math education- when studying something more challenging/interesting/relevant to the student, there is a sudden click/renewed interest/ah ha moment for the underlying topics that may have previously been ignored or hated. She will get the multiplication when she sees that it is needed for something she does care about. IE, I never clicked in on the standard algorithm for solving double digit multiplication...
The lack of consent is troubling for sure and should be reported to the state medical board...but as for a lawsuit, there is no real cause of action unless they can show damage. Without an adverse reaction, I don't think a court would hear it. I certainly doubt an attorney would take it on contingency. Does not make it right, just means it is not in our system legally actionable.
Well, we have a 4 day old baby here! Total shock since I was due close to the end of Jan and would have figured on a Feb baby before a December one. Finn is doing well and eating well. Such a relief since we had so many nursing issues the first time around. This time, my milk came in at 2 days and I seem to have a sufficient supply. :
Our 2nd son was born 12/27/2008 (due 1/20/2009). Phineas Aaron (we call him Finn) 6 pounds, 15 ounces 19 and 1/2 inches I never had any odd blood pressure readings and was fine at my last prenatal visit on 12/15. Then Christmas Eve, I was running around delivering gifts for the charity I work for and realized I had super swollen feet and hands which were painful. I talked to my midwife and because neither of us expected it to be a BP issue, we agreed I would just...
These plans also reflect the basic food groups and nutrition. Make no mistake, I could feed my family on way less than I do but for some of the amounts people post, I can't see the meals being that balanced or nutrient rich.
431.30 for thrifty. 838.20 for liberal. We are between liberal and thrifty ($500-700/month) and that is with mostly scratch cooking and a ton of bulk buying. We eat a lot of nice food, and mostly organic. We also eat meat a few times a week, which adds up, more so since it is organic. And we buy a lot of fish, which is expensive. And we generally have 5-10 servings of veggies and fruit each day. Not seeing how all that produce would be possible (esp on our small...