or Connect

Posts by kijip

I give my employee at work a small gift just as a holiday thank you. I would feel awkward if she bought me a present. Just the same way that I sometimes cover her lunch or coffee but would never want her to do it for me. I make a lot more $$ and it would feel wrong to me.
koolaid packets make a great dye for homemade play dough. You can get some really nice colors. I am putting the kool aid in my son's stocking since for him, making the play dough is more than 1/2 the fun! He has never had the chance to make it with colors at home (just at school) so he is going to like that stocking stuffer. I think koolaid is pretty cheap (have never bought it, need to go and get some) and you can use your food stamps for it.
Mortgage first then for us: Electricity W/s/g Phone internet We don't have any non-mortgage debt payments to make (pay off credit card each month). If for some reason I had to choose between default rate on my cc and making payment arrangements with the utilities, I would choose to avoid a default rate. If I had to choose between shutting off utilities and credit, utilities get paid first. We have a large stockpile of food, so if I had to we could stop food shopping...
Quote: Originally Posted by grniys What happened was awful but how would they decide who to charge? The people in the very front may have been pushed from people way back in line behind them. Once the crowd started moving the people in front may have had no choice but to keep moving for their own safety or they would have been trampled. I'm by no means trying to excuse anyone's actions or what happened, but it's just that it would be so difficult...
My parents each live off of social security payments (SSD for my mom, SS retirement for my Dad- they are no longer together). They each live in a subsidized housing program. My mom has a Section 8 HUD voucher and my dad lives in a seniors only low income building. Without those programs, they would have to live with family. My dad does work pt (he is 66) as a tutor at my son's school but that is more for fun and a way to fill his time in a meaningful way than for $$. ...
My son is 5 and rides in a Regent. Just like my parents made us wear seatbelts before it was the law and told us it did not matter what others do, that is what I would do with him if he started whining about it. As it is, so far it has not been an issue and he prefers the Regent to the booster seat he has occasionally sat in. RE other kids in my car: my spare seats are a Wizard and a HBB. If a child is to ride in my car, they ride in a safe seat. I don't care if...
Quote: Originally Posted by dogmom327 One of the girls in our local parenting group called her dad who's a lawyer to check with him. He claims that legally a company cannot do what Target is doing, even if they have a "disclaimer" on their website. If people paid for the items, they can't cancel the orders later. He offered to call them. I'm guessing he's not the only one though. He also mentioned that this has the makings of a fairly large lawsuit...
Quote: Originally Posted by MadameXCupcake But most of the more expensive car seats are safer. Aren't they? Or have I been reading the wrong reviews? Babies deserve to be as safe as possible. An expensive seat does not equal safe because most of safety lies with how the parents use the seat. So there are kids unsafe in the nicest seats and kids very safe in a cheapest seats. And there are places that give away free or discounted seats to...
Say 100,000 seats were ordered last night (it was on *every* bargain board and many people were ordering 10 or more seats). Say the difference in price is $200 Do people seriously think they should eat $20,000,000 for a mistake or an employee prank?
The adage goes if it sounds too good to be true... I ordered 1 for the baby on the way but figured I likely would not get it. It had to be a fluke. Maybe some people will get them. Given how many thousands upon thousands of seats must have been ordered last night, I just figure they can't possibly have that many in stock, even if it was a special price. I know some in store clearances of Britax at Target went that low. To those that say they should honor the price...