or Connect

Posts by kijip

I don't think it does any good to try and figure out who has it "worse". Just that it is all unacceptable regardless of the gender or stereotypes. As a mother of a son I see what a lot of people on this thread are saying about discrimination/stereotyping that negatively impacts boys but as a woman, I can't say that girls have it any easier. It's not like a girl power shirt or getting gold stars in 2nd grade because you are ready to sit in a desk etc makes up in any...
I like buying used off of diaperswappers or from: Cotton Babies Green Mountain Diapers or directly from the Fuzzibunz site. I would not expect one size pockets to fit a newborn/contain newborn poo really well. You might want some prefolds and fitteds with covers to start out with. Most people don't get into Small or One Size pockets with a good fit until baby is a couple of months old. Some people have success with the XS pockets for newborns but that...
Taking a break from cleaning the house like mad! Ohhing and Ahhing over the wool longies, the wool soaker, the 6 small FB and the Kissaluvs size 0s I received in the mail today. Excited to get some more newborn/small fitteds in the mail.
Negative? No. Incredulous or surprised? Yes. But when I am doing something that 99% of my parent peers are not doing, I expect to see some surprise just at the novelty of it. I hear people say negative generalizations about cloth diapers (leaking, smelly, hard to use) but no one is critical of me for using cloth. If anything, I think most people are impressed especially when they realize that my son potty trained (day and night) at age 2 and 1/2 and when they...
We go to Nordstroms. They let you take your own pictures even if you don't buy. We do buy a small package anyways because it's just something we like to do and can afford.
Quote: Originally Posted by quietserena One thing that I should mention for those using an arms reach cosleeper: set that thing up ahead of time as far ahead as you can. they smell strongly of plastic and need some time to air out. That's one reason I like getting things used. We got ours from a friend so we don't have to deal with that "new" smell.
Well, we will be co-sleeping so nothing is set up like a nursery there but so far: -We are scrubbing the house like mad and reorganizing the garage. Yes, this is getting ready for baby as far as I am concerned because I don't think we will get to this stuff once baby is here, LOL! -Getting food cooked and frozen. -Our office is FULL of baby stuff...I have 2 carseats, 2 strollers, carrier, rocking chair, clothing, diapers and covers, blankets, baby tub,...
No weight gain at all. I was still losing into the 3rd trimester and have not gained. My belly is growing and I am eating as well as I can. Since my belly measurement is growing nicely and the ultrasounds show a typically growing baby, I am not too worried. Hoping to start gaining weight a bit now but as of today, I am still vomiting on a regular basis (though Zofran helps a bit). While I was not obese before I got pregnant, I was carrying more than my healthy...
My 5 year old son sounds a lot like your daughter. We do a lot of non-fiction about history and historical figures geared towards 8-12 year olds. He loves reading about Ben Franklin's inventions for example and about the Wright Brothers. Tons of science and planet system books. For fiction, it gets harder to find stuff that is at his reading level but also appropriate for a sensitive 5 year old. Beverly Cleary books, Boxcar Children (at least the originals, the new...
My small non-profit opted to pay me 60% of my salary for maternity leave. I was surprised they offered, but obviously happy they are! : I think they wanted to make sure I came back. And they realize they offer few other benefits and this is one they could afford. In CA, I assume they would rely on the state program?