or Connect

Posts by kijip

We drive our son to school and expect we will always have to. Thankfully we get some help in that my Dad picks him up somedays. Also, if I have a big meeting in the morning and can't take him, I can drop him off with my Dad and he will drive him. The bus would take nearly 90 minutes EACH WAY to go what is about a 10 minute drive. This is a school in our cluster. I am not going to let him wait that long on the bus at age 5. So we drive him.
Quote: Originally Posted by lovemyfamily6 I guess I should get off my butt and try some fleece as a liner to see if that helps before investing in a whole new stash of diapers. If we stuff FB's with a prefold, will it be too bulky? Will it stay in place or shift? I'd try fleece first too. As for prefolds stuffed in FBs, that is what we did and it worked just fine. No shifting and not too bulky IMO. I just trifolded them and slid them...
You need a cover for the Motherease diapers. The motherease airflow covers are very nice, and there are lots of other choices out there too. The wool needs to be lanolized if it has not been. You can get lanolin at some drug stores and online.
YOu could go with XS Sandy's from Motherease or another fitted. Prefolds are good too, but I know you are not alone in getting a tight fit on them- we had a lot of trouble with that with our son 5 years ago using cloth diaper service from birth to 4 months and used paper diapers for a number of months before we found pockets etc. I would be concerned about the XS FuzziBunz not containing the leaky nb poo well.
Quote: Originally Posted by lovemyfamily6 How many pockets do you usually go through for a toddler, washing every other day? He's 18 months now. And nowhere near potty learning ready yet. We used pockets on our son at that age and he went though about 6-7 a day, but we did not use them at night (used a fitted + wool or fleece cover for night). I think you could likely get by with 12-14 if you were always on top of the wash and used a disposable...
To save money? Not so much. To be healthy, eat the foods we like, and afford all organic meat? Yes. We like lots of dishes that have no meat in them. We don't eat meat a least 2, if not as many as 4 nights a week. And most of our meat dinners a small amount of meat...not a big steak or hamburger or whole chicken breast per person. Last night it was a meat dinner and we had baked BBQ beans with chicken pieces in the dish, served with greens and mashed potatoes.
Quote: Originally Posted by MamaEli They could foreclose.....I hate HOAs. OP, I really feel for you. I'm guesssing that you're in condos or townhouses and this is part of an assessment for new siding or some kind of exterior maintenance. If that's it, at least you would have that important work done. I don't think her homeowner's association can foreclose on her mortgage loan. They can place a lien on her home (so when it is sold, they get...
The only way to rent a house like this is to rent it to a handy person that fixes it up in exchange for all or part rent. But you would still be paying for materials. If it is not up to the code for rentals in your area and you can't afford to fix it, you could get in serious trouble renting it...fines from the city/county if/when the tenant complained, mandated fixes from the city/county, having to pay the tenant's moving expenses if they end up needing to move...
Quote: Originally Posted by papschmitty ME: We don't know, we're keeping it a surprise PATIENT: Well they say your bootie gets way bigger when it's a boy Ummmm, that's nice. I've always had a lot of junk in my trunk so I tried not to take it too personally. WTF? That is way rude. Glad you took it in stride, I think I would have kicked her. I guess the only thing ruder than commenting on the size of someone's belly is commenting on the...
Is it possibly a reaction to your laundry soap?