or Connect

Posts by Intertwined

I have one that's more laid back and one that's a lot needier. Claire has been able to self soothe a lot easier than Ben since birth. She's also more docile and will stay with me rather than running at break neck speed toward on-coming traffic. She plays better with the other children and is rarely reprimanded for beating on other children, unlike Ben who unleashes his fury at least once very 15 minutes. So is she easier? Yep. And do I like her more? Maybe a tiny little...
Congratulations and welcome to the forum!!!! My twins were also a "surprise!" and turned into "SUPRISE AGAIN!!!" at our 20 week ultrasound. They were #5 and 6 for our family, and also our last children.
Oh there is NO WAY I would have accepted help from my MIL. No. Way. So yeah, I get where you're coming from. Honestly, I'd be MUCH more inclined to expect my 13 and 9 year olds to help me out. Having already had/nursed many children before my twins came, I didn't feel like it was all that hard to get my groove back. My husband stayed home with us for the first few days and then my best friend at the time came when they were about 4 days old and stayed 5 days. Then my Mom...
Ouch Kate, that sounds like the sixth circle of Hell! To the OP, When my six all come down with something it's either heaven (they all sleep) or hell (they all cling and whine and need me at the same time). I cannot even fathom how hard that would be with three non-verbal infants!!!!
Oh yeah, I had tons of dreams about my twins between getting pregnant and finding out there was two. I was totally blowing it off. EVERYONE was teasing me about twins so I chalked it up to anxiety. Uh, no. And in a related note, the day before I ovulated a double for the first time post twins (I can clearly feel O from both sides) I had a dream I was giving birth to girl twins during a thunderstorm with my midwife. Baby A was dark haired and came vertex, Baby B was...
Twins are AWESOME!!!!!!! Mine just did "Pooping on the Floor" in tandem. WAAAHOOOO!!!! Sometimes when people give me the "I've always wanted twins" crap I want to offer to send them home with my two year olds. In all seriousness, my twins were #5&6 so I'd be happy to talk with you more through PM or email if you want. I was also homeschooling. Some things had to bite the dust. I wasn't/am not overly thrilled with what had to go but I stuck out the more important...
Quote: Originally Posted by turnquia This is what I am hopeing. Our son was aweful. Seriously took shifts just to prevent the other one from wanting to hurt him. We had NO help because no one wanted to be around this kid. I was working nights and DH days so neither of us ever slept. It was miserable. It wasn't until he turned a year he started to be more like a normal kiddo, and it wasn't until he was around 18 months I felt I could really say I...
I have found my twins to be ABSOLUTELY delightful! I often joke that two two year olds is going to kill me, and we have our share of twinsanity, but honestly, they are TOO STINKIN CUTE most of the time. Even double tantrums are funnier than just one kid screaming because it's just so absurd to see two little humans kicking on the floor over something dumb like "she looked at my sucker funny". I have adored almost every second, even the harder ones. I did NOT love the sleep...
From what I've read, MZ twinning is a "freak" occurance and no more likely to happen again than if you'd never had twins. Of course, there are women out there (like Heather) who DID have lightening strike twice! She puts the stats at 1 in 70,000 I think. Congratulations on your new bundle!
My twins were doing the funky chicken in there until the bitter end. We ended up going into labor with both breech. A came complete/complex breech and B flipped and came head first. I would not have been given that option in a hospital. Good luck to you!