or Connect

Posts by Doula Gina

I met mine at a playgroup. She was one of the moms there...it was so important to me to find a therapist who wouldn't suggest early weaning, no family bed, etc.; she was a great fit. The only downside to this was that we couldn't hang out -- and she's also very cool.
Hi everyone. I guess none of us planned on being here, at least those of us who were married and now are not? I am getting a divorce from my husband of 8 years. We have been separated for about a month now. We're getting along, our youngest daughter is 16 months old now (nursing, doesn't separate well in many circumstances but especially for long periods), I'm in school and stbx is planning on returning to school for a graduate program...so basically, we've decided...
I would start somewhere simple, like start a chapter of BirthNETWORK and hold meetings in your local library, find some interest, start spreading the word about informed consent, midwifery model of care, etc, bringing in speakers from different practices and asking good questions. Advertise at local whole foods, complimentary providers (chiro, acupuncturist, etc), planned parenthood, and so forth. If you start these meetings, you will find others who feel the same way...
Quote: Originally Posted by Defenestrator Here is my website: Trillium Birth Serviceshttp://www.trilliumbirthservices.com I would like to have more info on the resources page but I threw it up quickly. I also give out a packet of info to every potential client with info on waterbirth, herbal tea, home remedies for pregnancy complaints, emergencies, and other relevant things. I just LOVE the photo of the baby in the bath on your midwifery...
Here's mine: http://www.moonbabies.net It's ready for an update - been up for about 3 years now.
I inly have lurking time, but I'm subbing...
Happy 10th, J. And to Mama. Did this just happen yesterday, or what?
your story and family are wonderful and beautiful! I hope things down under are healing well for you. Congratulations.
You are all really sweet. I love MDC so much...it seems like when I tell people about my birth IRL that they are shocked - like the first thing they want to know is how I avoided sheer disaster having a baby at home, that I'm "brave" for not being in a hospital (I'm a doula! I've been to my share of hospital births and know what is done to people there! I'm a total chickens*it for birthing at home!), and "lucky" that everyone was "ok". My husband is great about it,...
: