or Connect

Posts by TzippityDoulah

My arches fell in my last pregnancy! Not cool. I just can't fit my feet into anything but flip flops right now. The humidity and heat here are adding to that problem, no doubt.   In past pregnancies i have taken zantac and not noticed any weight gain stemming from there. The only issue is that I have to take it three times a day and it still doesn't really work very well. I tried a host of natural remedies with no relief. It's pretty bad. Prilosec is giving me a lot...
This is my forth pregnancy and my first one using Prilosec. I've been on it for several weeks and it seems like my weight is just increasing SO quickly. Also I have a lot of swelling. I'm eating normally etc. The only thing different is the Prilosec and of course the summer heat isn't helping either.   I did some reading and come to find that swelling/bloating and weight gain are all possible side effects of Prilosec. Now I am worried, at 33 weeks, if I have gained...
has anyone noticed swelling or weight gain from it? I realize it's a seriously hot and humid summer in my parts and I am prone to some swelling at the end of pregnancy, but I feel like I have gained so much weight in my butt and thighs! They don't even look like my own! This is my forth pregnancy and over all I'm eating well and trying to stay as active as my sciatica will allow.  I am swelling A LOT and have to sit down most of the time. I can't handle the heat even a...
I'm 33 weeks and I'm still coming to terms with this pregnancy. We had decided we were done for a number of reason (plus we already have three) and in so many ways this was the worst possible time to get pregnant. My husband was out of work, I could not longer work b/c I'm way too sick when I'm pregnant etc. I've had two SERIOUSLY high need babies in a row and I also get HG with each pregnancy, so when I saw that line on the stick I cried. Sobbed.   I will love this...
Every doula is different. Everyone has different approach and different goals for their services. The only way to find out is to ask her or have them clearly written down. That said I wouldn't worry about cost--in some areas nearby me it wouldn't be weird to charge $1500. I have also lived where $300-400 was the norm. Like every other service, it depends on the area and what they offer.   However, it sounds like you are she aren't connecting. Doesn't mean it's her...
I did this for almost four years and I really enjoyed it. it takes a while to get used to the different feel of staff working--but it has it's perks. The OBs/Nurses etc get to know you/trust you in a different way. You also have more privileges than if you're own your own typically.   If you have pre conceived notions about the type of clientele you want, then it's not a great spot. You will get whoever comes along and you have to learn to adapt to meet people where...
Thank you for saying that. I really appreciate it. That is the conclusion I have come to. I have no intention of becoming more involved, but instead to step away--not just because she asked me, but also for my own sake. It just hit me like a ton of bricks so it's taken a while to think it through and figure out how to handle it. It feels surreal. My only concern (on my part) it the doula/professional duty which I am speaking with my doula trainer about tomorrow just to...
I haven't replied to her email or anything. I have no intention. What could I possibly say? I mean she was completely ridiculous and it would be futile to argue with someone who isn't thinking right, so I haven't even attempted. *shrug* Plus emotionally, despite that I care for her, I don't need to be in the line of fire like that. I have my own feelings to think of.
I contacted my old doula trained for years ago (she is not only well respected but has a lot of experience in all realms of doulaness) and I'm awaiting her advice on how to handle it in the correct professional manner. Despite our past friendship and extreme closeness, I can't rely on that as a avenue as she has completely closed me off in every manner. She views me as the enemy. 
Thanks. Her husband is in denial. He would never speak with me. Him and my husband were tight, but I'm pretty certain that my friend wont "allow" that relationship anymore. She is very controlling, unfortunately and she runs the show completely.