or Connect

Posts by Super Pickle

Unsubscribed from 6 email lists Threw away about 15 items Returned 19 books to K-12 Returned 1 French horn Returned 3 library books   901 + 54= 955   Still need to try to sell/trade 1 tummy tub, 1 cosleeper, and 1 bridesmaids dress
Unsubscribed from 6 email lists Threw away about 15 items Returned 19 books to K-12 Returned 1 French horn Returned 3 library books   901 + 54= 955   901 + 65= 966 
Thanks!
I don't know if it is planned obsolescence, if I am buying the wrong kind of machine at the wrong stores, or if I'm just particularly hard on equipment, but it seems like I can't keep a vacuum cleaner alive for more than 3 years. I feel so terrible about it! It feels very wasteful and it makes me ashamed.  I need a workhorse that can clean up massive sheds from my lab, plus everything my 4 kids track in. Do you have any ideas? Orr ideas on how to make a regular $150-$200...
  Another workbook recycled old iron thrown away 6 old toothbrushes thrown away   893 + 8 = 901
37 items donated (clothes)   93 items ready to be donated (mostly clothes, a few toys)   683 + 130 = 813   ETA: 16 more articles of clothing   813 + 16 = 829   Edited yet again to add about 25 more items donated  and 26 foam bath letters trashed. 829 + 51- 880   It's already June and I'm not even halfway to 2000!  I'd better step it up. I'm already feeling, though, that the house is less cluttered and more easily cleaned.    ETA: Just recycled 13 workbooks from the last...
Wow! I haven't been here in a long time. I am so impressed by everyone's decluttering!  Well my friend had a garage sale last Saturday and I gave her 2 big tubs of stuff to sell. Whatever didn't sell she donated. The sad thing is that it was a neighborhood-wide garage sale, and my kids took their pocket money around the block and bought a bunch of toys! Aaaaargh! But I'm going to give myself credit for 50 things gone anyway. I didn't count, but I think it was about...
LOL! Last year he went to sleep away camp for the first time, and when I picked him up, he was wearing the same clothes he'd had on when I dropped him off a week earlier!  
My oldest is almost 12 and he gets pretty ripe pretty quickly. It's not an underarm odor; it's a funk. He is also really spacey--not detail oriented--and from time to time he wipes carelessly and you can smell that he went to the bathroom.   He is not yet self-conscious enough to pay attention to how he smells, but if I say, "You need a bath," he protests and feels insulted.  I had a little talk with him and just told him that he's now at the age where he needs to shower...
Wow, Satori!  I can't believe what you've been through!   The meltdowns that you mentioned are starting to happen with my 9 yo son. He does not mind doing other things, like playing with friends or doing Legos,  but he has a hard time shutting it off when asked. And while the 11 yo has gotten better, and his interest has waned somewhat, he has been too sedentary and is starting to put on a little weight.  We did make it so that no one can get on the computer at all...