or Connect

Posts by Super Pickle

Bunnyflakes, I'm sorry for the struggles you've been through but encouraged by your resolve. I just wanted to let you know that if I saw you out walking, I would think,"Good for her! I should do the same."
Calm, I think this is probably especially difficult for you because it brings up the memories of being picked on for the exact same things. I was also teased mercilessly as a child and it only got worse when the other kids realized that I was extremely sensitive and that their teasing affected me deeply. I have a 9 year old and a 6 year old, and I have tried to help them cultivate a cavalier attitude towards teasing. When the mediocre little twerps who make fun...
I was in a very similar situation before the birth of my second son. Our first ws circumcised b/c I thought it was necessary and it was a horrible experience. When I found out later it was not necessary I was furious about what had happened to DS1 but relieved to know I didn't have to do it again. So, some awful fights ensued. I honestly wondered if I was going to have to choose between an intact family or an intact body for my baby. My husband and I both avoid...
Quote: Originally Posted by knittygritty (this is X-posted from the main spirituality forum because I wasn't sure where it belonged) If I am married in a Catholic service, don't I have to promise to raise my children Catholic? Is it fair for my fiancee to dictate our religion when he doesn't practice and I do? Would it be that difficult for me to become Catholic when my ideals are so liberal? Sorry for the novel. Anybody else been in this...
So interesting! Thanks!
...cultural dancing (with no male/female touching) etc... So is male/female touching avoided or discouraged in all situations? Or just in dancing? We are very physically affectionate in our congregation ---lots of hugs, patting, touching a person's arm when speaking to him or her, etc. I've never been approached for a hug by a man at church--that would probably make me feel uncomfortable-- but when someone is going through a hard time or comes back to church after an...
Quote: Originally Posted by sewchris2642 The results won't be known until your son moves out on his own as an adult. Right now at 2.5, he is eating what you decide. The proof of your method will be when he chooses as an adult. Not that your method is wrong but that it's unproven yet. No parenting decision can be said to work until the child is an adult and still following what the parent had laid down when they were children. That's why kids in...
Thanks to all who responded! I found cappuciomom's comments about the Brethren and Mennonite churches interesting, as I'm also Mennonite (not conservative, though) and as far as I know we're not discouraged from dancing (Yes, I am aware that there are huge differences between what is accepted in conservative churches and what is accepted in MCUSA churches). We have people in our congregation who enjoy ballroom, square, and folk dancing. Although, one night a girl from...
THE PICTURE BIBLE !!!! It's in comic book form and my son LOVES it! He has read it over and over and knows his Bible stories very well. He also is an advanced reader but he likes comic books and so he took right to this version.
Just wondering about Christian churches which forbid dancing. Saw it on the Duggars and had a few questions: All dancing? Or just the modern-day shaking your bootie alone in a crowd? What about folk dancing such as Greek circle dancing or Irish step dancing? Ballroom? Square dancing? Do your churches teach that this is a scriptural mandate or is it more of a decision that has been made along the way in response to culture? Which denominations forbid dancing? I...