or Connect

Posts by Super Pickle

WARNING: TRIGGER   I wasn't able to access the article. However, your summary reminded me of something I read recently. I got a book from the library called "Message from an Unknown Chinese Mother" in which a popular Chinese broadcast journalist shared stories of Chinese mothers who had given up their baby girls (or had them taken from them). The book explores how the one-child policy, the traditional preference for boys, and women's lack of options lead to...
  19 items from kitchen 2 toys 1 pr pants   424+ 22 = 446
I wouldn't call, because you were not in the wrong and it is not up to you to smooth things out.   She was in the wrong, and probably knows it. She went a little crazy in front of everyone and if she has any sense at all, she is probably embarrassed. I'm non-confrontational too, but I'm also a little passive aggressive, so I guess I'd just keep going to the playgroup if I wanted to and let that lady stew in her shame.  And iif she ever got in DD's face again, I'd get...
HI! I'm sorry you're going through this. I don't have any counsel regarding his attitude or what may be going on at a deeper level, but as someone who struggles to stay on top of housework and who rarely did homework in high school, I have a few practical ideas....   I agree with natural consequences for laundry....he doesn't do his laundry, he wears dirty pants. But maybe it would help if you gave him a specific day and time for doing his chores. If he knew that...
We enrolled our 11 year old in K12 this year, and they sent us a personal computer( we already had a laptop, but it was not for game playing). Anyway, my 11 and 8 year old sons asked for Minecraft for Christmas. We thought it looked like a cool game and got it for them, with the stipulation that the 8 yo not use the multi-player function and that the 11 yo only chat with neighborhood friends.   I do see the attraction of the game, and I see the potential for lots of...
  2/18    2/19  2/20 $15 at the Post Office to mail packages 2/21 groceries 2/22 Pizza 2/23  2/24     2/25  groceries, Great Clips   Well, I have not succeeded in keeping my grocery bill down, as I had hoped to. It's still high.  However, DH has been working at home most of the month, so he has not been spending money on gas or on eating out.  And the only items I have bought besides groceries in all of 2012 are a sheet of stickers for DD to pass out on Valentine's Day, a...
So, we're getting our kitchen cabinetry refaced next week and I have to get everything out of all the cabinets and off the counters. I have worked for a couple of hours today and it has been the perfect opportunity to declutter the kitchen. I have some dishes to donate, but I won't count those until they actually go to the donation center. But I threw away or recycled the following:    11 shelf liners 9 dishes 5 kitchen linens 20 spice jars/shakers/etc. 1 pr pants 3...
You shouldn't incur the cost of mailing the stuff, and you shouldn't have to store it, either. Sleepy peanut's mom's idea about leaving a message telling her where to pick up the stuff is a good idea, but 2 weeks seems like too long. 2 days is more reasonable. 
14 magazines 1 calendar 4 plastic children's clothes hangers 1 old craft   292 + 20 = 312
1 more curtain rod 11 items from ODS's room ( I gave him a bag and told him to find 10 things to throw away) 10 items from YDS's room (same thing) 1 unneeded soap dispenser 2 toys 1 gift set of Barbie paper dolls 1 souvenir pencil 2 mardi gras necklaces   263+ 29= 292