or Connect

Posts by ilex

I am making some of these dolls for my kids and for my nieces. I love all of her patterns and ideas. http://weewonderfuls.typepad.com/wee_wonderfuls/store/
I have been working on my biz for over a year, perfecting patterns, deciding what I do and don't want to sell/make, finding my niche...so now I am ready to jump in, I have the web domain, the name, the product...or some of the products...ready, but not much to start out with money wise. I don't have much to initially start, and that is where I am finding the difficulty with initiative. So where do I go from here, I would like a website et al, but I have no idea what to do...
I don't know what is wrong with me, but my mind is going blank. I have the capes for the kids, the masks, the cake with super hero figures, ummm...but what else? there will be kids from age 2-6 there...it doesn't have to be JUST superhero, we could incorporate other things in there...i just want my boy to have fun...but i need some ideas please!!!
yay! thank you for your feedback. I like it too when people use their kids names for their business, i'm not sure why but it just adds a personable touch. there was one store that i really liked the name of, and when i found out it was two women in business together and the first names of both of their children, who had particularly cool names, i liked it even more...
I was thinking of using my kids names as my biz name, i have seen and know others who have done this, but was wondering what everyone thinks of this...the name would possibly be "izzy & jax" with a heart over the i in izzy. My kids names are isobel and jax. or i could do izzy and jaxx, which is a little different as we don't usually call isobel izzy and jax is spelled jax... so...what do you think? Oh! I guess i should tell you what i am selling It is children's...
My sister just told me today that she got her period yesterday. She is five weeks postpartum and is fully breastfeeding. She said it is normal period blood, but she has no cramping...she hasn't been bleeding for about three weeks from the birth. This sounded really odd to me, so I thought I would ask here. Anyone have this happen? Could it be something else entirely? She said she is going to call the midwife tomorrow, but any thoughts would be great.
I am posting this for my sister who has a baby girl that is now 5 weeks old. Since she was about 3 weeks old she has been doing this awful gagging/choking reaction and my sister cannot figure out why, and I was hoping someone here maybe had the same experience or idea as to what might be causing it. She says the first time it happened the baby was lying in bed sleeping, on her back and she heard a funny sound on the monitor, so she ran up to the bedroom and she was red in...
I just wanted to bump this to say a big big huge thank you to everyone that replied, not a day has gone by that I haven't thought about something written on this thread. And things are getting much much better. All of your suggestions have helped tremendously not only for her, but for me to help her through what she is feeling and to help me understand my reactions as well. I have been making sure she has been taking her omega oils which I think has a huge impact on her,...
Well, hopefully since you have had about two hundred or more women tell you that you are very pretty, you will not be worried about the dress and have utter confidence in wearing it because you now know that you can even look hot in a sack. Just work it, and feel good yourself and no one will be looking at the dress, well maybe a little, but they will all know its not your fault...and damn!...she looks good!! Your friend might need a few tips on fashion though...
It died. And my daughter is so upset. She went to bed crying, I feel so bad. She is so sweet and so loving with every kind of creature, but she has the most difficult time with death, and I don't know how to work this one. She just gets beyond consolable and then wants nothing to do with the conversation or anything that reminds her of the passed being. She wanted me to take the dragonfly and the container it was in, and never wants to see it again. The other day a friend...