or Connect

Posts by Milkymommy

My heart is hurting for my little girl. She is 11 years old. About a year ago she was diagnosed with Juvenile Arthritis after many months of illness.   Even with treatment and medication, she still has flare ups and pain in her joints. The arthritis affects her hips, knees and elbow mostly. She also tires more easily than other children. Some weeks she feels okay and can participate in normal activities, but some days she can barely get out of bed or walk without...
Contact Sigg...they do a really cool reusable bottle with the school logo. The Enviromental club at my DD's school did a cool fundraiser with the Sigg bottles, laptop lunnchboxes and reusable sandwich bags. It was a big hit!
Jackie - I am in Florida as well and as a parent I have always been invited/included in any committee meetings regarding retention. It is very concerning to me that they held that meeting without you present. Have you looked into the McKay Scholarship? If not, google it. McKay is a scholarship for students with disabilities (including learning disabilities. ) If you do not think that your child's school is meeting her needs, you can get a scholarship to a private school...
Does your front load washer have smell issues? we did in the past Brand LG Model Not sure Does it heat its own water? not sure How long you have had it? About 4 years Where you are located? Florida Type of climate? usually hot and humid We had a lot of problems with our front loader being smelly when we first got it. I try to wipe out the rubber gasket between loads, run an empty bleach cycle periodically. What has worked the absolute best for us was switching...
I know the group of moms who are at the nurse in today. They rock! The update is that Chick-fil-A has apologized and they will be posting a sign that indicates that breastfeeding moms are welcome there. There has been some local news coverage about the nurse in. Here is the link to the article from the Orlando Sentinel. Many of the comments are going in a negative direction. I'm hoping that some other moms would be willing to post some positive and supportive...
Quote: Originally Posted by *Jade* Me too. Except sometimes I'm DYING to be able to talk about it (since it's so taboo) and I actually would have relished the opportunity. So don't feel too bad! Me too. It does not bother me at all when people ask if we are planning to have more than our one child. I'll tell them that we wanted to, but have been unable.
For summer dinners we love to put out platters of different things that go well together and let everyone make their own plate. - Sliced mozzerella cheese, sliced tomatoes, pesto, whole grain bagette. - hummus, feta cheese, tomoatoes, cucumbers, black olives, pita bread -I make a black bean and corn salad that is so good over shredded lettuce or with tortilla chips. There is no real recipe so these are approximations. I know so many people who make this recipe and...
I agree with the previous poster. Play dates are a great way to build friendships in those early grades. It can also give you the opportunity to get to know the parents of your child's friends. When my daughter was younger we do some role playing and would practice starting conversations with new friends and asking them if they wanted to play.
[QUOTE=Leta;13724424]My dad saves straws from Whataburger. Now, granted, they are a cut above regular fast food restaurant straws, and he does run them through the dishwasher first. QUOTE] This made my day. Thank you. I am laughing so much right now picturing a dishwasher full of staws.
My DD call broccoli "dinosaur trees." When she was younger she would pretend to be a big, huge dinosaur gobbling down the dinosaur trees. : she's 8 yrs old and knows that it's called broccoli, but she still jokes around. If I tell her I'm making broccoli, she'll say "what's broccoli mommy?" and I'll have to say "oh I mean dinosaur trees." She loves dinosaur trees by the way and white dinosaur trees too (cauliflower)!