or Connect

Posts by MtBikeLover

Quote: Originally Posted by zeldamomma FWIW, I don't think having four kids sleep over is much harder than having two. I agree - I totally don't think having 4 kids spend the night is that big of a deal. And I think it is REALLY rude of that mom to have 4 at the party but only 2 spend the night. My DS is very sensitive and would be heartbroken if he found out the others were staying the night and he wasn't. I definitely would consider...
Quote: Originally Posted by craft_media_hero II think that if you do not nip this in the bud now while you are still "new" then it will become a huge issue that just won't quit. I agree so much with this statement! We have a park behind our house and this thread brought back a lot of memories of when we first moved in. We don't have a fence and it wouldn't really work with the way our house is situated so the kids would come and play in...
We had an inline Phil and Ted's and loved it!! We used it everywhere - up in the mountains on very rocky terrain, pavement, malls, etc. It was wonderful!
Quote: Originally Posted by averlee It sounds like he's on an incredibly tough schedule. He spends close to 10 hours at school and only about 3 waking hours with you every day. I'm not saying day care is the problem, and I realize you may have no alternative, but a 50 hour work week- especially at a preschool- would have me in tears constantly, too. I was thinking the same thing. Is there any possibility of doing in home care? I live on the...
My kids both have gone through a fear stage at around 3.5-4 years old. It was pretty much instantaneous. One day, they were fine going downstairs to play, the next, they were scared to death. If we were playing downstairs and I ran up to get something, they would scream hysterically like someone were killing them. There were lots of other examples too, but the downstairs one is the one I remember the most. It lasted for about a year and then just like that, it was...
In a given week, the kids brush their teeth at night 6 out of 7 days and in the morning 4 out of 7 days. Sometimes we miss an evening brush so I have them do it really well the next morning. And sometimes we are rushing in the morning so they miss a morning brush. My kids have no cavities and have excellent teeth. We go to the dentist 2x a year and he always says how great they look.
At our local egg hunt last weekend, they put tickets with numbers written on them. Then all the tickets could be redeemed for prizes. The kids had a blast getting all their tickets and adding them up. I am thinking of putting tickets in our eggs and then the kids can exchange them for bags of candy, cookies, money, bubbles, balls, etc. I'll also have some with candy in them because my kids love gum and starburst and those are pretty easy to stuff in the eggs.
I have a similar situation in that we have a neighbor girl who is welcome to come to our house, but my kids are never allowed to go into her house (except for one time for a b-day party and there were other parents/kids there). I had posted on here about what to do and got some good advice. I basically just tell my kids "It is my job to keep you safe and I don't feel comfortable with you over at their house. You are welcome to play here with her or in the...
I have in the past let the kids play for a few minutes at a time by themselves in the front yard with the door wide open so I could hear everything. I'd like to start letting them play in the backyard by themselves but wondering what others opinions are on this. Situation/Set-up: We live in a fairly safe suburban neighborhood. (I say fairly because there have been a few break-ins lately in ours and a surrounding neighborhood but no one has ever been harmed. One...
I'd let him go out in the outfit. He will realize it is cold and then want to change. Or he might be perfectly fine in it. At that age, my DD didn't mind the cold at all. I'll never forget the day we went to Sam's and she had on a super thin, short skirt, a tank top, and flip flops. And it was 10 degrees F outside. Nothing I could say would convince her that she was going to be cold, but I did take a coat just in case she wanted it. I got looks like I was the...