or Connect

Posts by MtBikeLover

I basically said the same thing that you said when my kids first saw that. I also told them that if they ever did it in front of a teacher, that the teacher would probably send them to the principal for it and that the teacher would impose some type of punishment (ie missed recess).
She did sarcastically say in our conference that I was welcome to come in and help her move the desks. I just let it go. But the desks are moved as of yesterday and DS is really happy now!
I contacted the school in the other district and they said that the child has to be living in that district in order to go to the school. I got bummed but then thought to ask if my ex's address was in that district and it is!!!! So we have the option of sending him to that school. From everything I have read about it, it sounds wonderful. Much, much smaller than current school, combined age classes where the older kids actually help out the younger kids, and better...
Quote: Originally Posted by CarrieMF What about other public schools? That might be the answer! I didn't even think about it!! There is a smaller, public school that is on the other side of town but still considered in our area. I could give them a call and see if he could go there if we were willing to drive him to and from. I'm going to call on Monday! Thanks so much!!
Quote: Originally Posted by Geofizz It also gives you the words to use to establish very clearly that verbal bullying is still bullying. (something we've discovered teachers don't really see) That is so true! At the conference, the teacher told me that she sits all the kids down and tells them that if they are being hurt, it is ok to tattle. Otherwise, they should try to handle things themsleves. Well, a child is going to think of hurt as...
Quote: Originally Posted by One_Girl Have you thought about reporting the incidents to CPS. It sounds like one teacher is being verbally abusive and the other is being physically abusive. I also think you should look into filing a report with the police next time he is physically hurt. I hadn't thought to report to CPS but that is a great idea! I have thought that if I hear any more crap involving teachers, I am going to file a police report.
Thanks everyone! I think the advice to have a meeting with everyone, including the school counselor is a great idea. DS has already been pulled out of computer class so I don't think I need to have that teacher there. And yes, I agree that there is a lot of unprofessionalism in the school. I wouldn't be surprised if the homeroom teacher got in trouble for telling the kids to talk to their parents which might be why she is angry at DS. Our school is definitely not...
This has been a really crappy month for DS at school and I have never been more angry in my life with what is going on. I need to vent and if anyone has advice on how they would handle things, I would greatly appreciate it. In the last 4 weeks, 7yo DS, 1st grade, has had to deal with the following: 1 - Being held down against his will in the boys bathroom. 2 - A computer teacher grabbing his hand hard and pushing it into the keyboard. He told me "It hurt...
Thanks everyone for your replies. I have decided not to contact the parents. And it really is too late in the year to change classes. We had our parent teacher conference and it was brought up again and she said she would move them but was very hostile towards us and it was not a good meeting at all. I'm going to post the story in another thread because I need some advice on that as well. We ended the conference with ways that DS could deal with the bullying and...
DS is in 1st grade. There is a kid in his class that constantly annoys him and it really borders on bullying, but verbally not physically. The kid hates DS (as other kids have noticed and said so) and calls him names, like nerd. When DS is playing a game with another student, he will frequently come over and tell the other student what DS has so that DS will lose. This kid will not leave DS alone. We've met with the teacher, she said she would handle it. She...