or Connect

Posts by MtBikeLover

I came here this morning with the sole purpose of finding the name of a book that I couldn't remember and this thread was very timely for what I am going through. My 5yo DD and I butt heads so much. She is very headstrong and will not stop until she gets her way or until I end up losing my cool and yelling at her to stop. She doesn't throw tantrums or anything, but she will argue her point forever. And she will say things just to annoy people (me and her brother). ...
Not sure what you need the hotel for, but I travel quite a bit and never stay at hotels unless it is for business. We like to have extra space so we usually rent a house. Last year, I found vrbo.com and I have fallen in love with it. I've used it twice in the last 6 months and will use it again for summer vacation. The rates are way better than hotels and you have so much space! Plus, you have a kitchen to be able to cook your own meals.
I haven't read the whole thread, but here are my reasons for loving being single: 1. No one yells at me in my house anymore. 2. I no longer have to walk on eggshells in my house. There is so much peace! 3. I can finally get rid of all the prickly roses in the garden and put the types of flowers in that I like. 4. I am way better off financially, even with having a nanny. 5. Because of the nanny (the worlds best nanny I think!) I always come home to a...
Quote: Originally Posted by Gillian28 As for your #3, be careful not to judge too quickly. I can see it being annoying if the woman has a loving husband who just happens to be physically gone. But for the last 6 months before stbx and I separated he was a lousy husband/father, I really was doing it on my own, and in many ways it was just as hard as it is now. And I'm sure other women have been in similar situations. I would be one of those...
Quote: Originally Posted by Tigerchild Also, please don't judge people who hold parties at Mickey Dees or whereever. Depending on the area you are in, these may be the only indoor venue they can afford, because most of the time they are free or extremely low cost, have ample parking, and are in a somewhat centralized location. Not everyone can afford to rent a community center room or a more upscale venue, not everyone can accomodate people at their...
Quote: Originally Posted by mrsdocmartin Also, does anyone else think it is frustrating when people choose to have a toddler's birthday party at these restaurants that serve nothing but horribly unhealthy food? Allergies aside, when I invite small children to my home, or on an outing, I try to feed them at least moderately healthy foods. I can see a school age child choosing a place like McD's or ChuckECheese, but a two year old??? I happen to...
Yes he told the teacher. She walked him to a couple of rooms to try to find out who the kid was, but the kid wasn't in the two rooms he was walked to. Beyond that, nothing that I know of is being done. I would think that this is something parents would be made aware of by some kind of note being sent home to let me know about the incident, but maybe I am expecting too much?
I am absolutely beyond livid right now. My 7yo DS asked me today when football practice started. He seemed to be hesitating a little so I thought maybe he had decided he didn't want to play. So I said "Why? have you changed your mind about playing?" He said "No. Something happened at school today." That something as it turns out was that he was held down in the boys bathroom by a kid because my son wouldn't be on his "team" at recess. When my son tried to get...
This does not say child molester to me. Many of the things you listed are things that my parents do with my kids - they kiss on the lips, they hold them in their laps, they have their picture as the screensaver on their computers, if they are watching TV in their room the kids will usually crawl up and lay with them, etc. And my family is NOT an overly touchy family. But they love my kids immensely and truly love to spend time and be with them. And I agree with...
I don't do the envelope system as I prefer to have my money in a bank, earning interest. It isn't a lot since interest rates are low, but I get about $50 a month so it covers my cell phone and internet bills. I've never really understood the envelope system and thought it too complicated to try to understand it. For example, if I am at work and don't have the envelope with me, but decide to run out at lunch and pick up some toiletries for the house, how do I pay for...