or Connect

Posts by MtBikeLover

Quote: Originally Posted by WindyCityMom To the chicagoans asking- i'm not sure if posting the name would violate the UA.. maybe i'll pm you all I would love that!! Thanks!!
Quote: Originally Posted by WindyCityMom At what age do you find it appropriate for a child to ride a roller coaster? What about other amusement-park type rides? As soon as they are tall enough and they want to go. if there was no height restriction and they wanted to go, I would let them if it looked safe to me. I couldn't wait until they were big enough to start riding rides - I LOOOOOOOVE amusement parks. We go to Great America about...
I used it on mold a few weeks ago and it worked great!
I saw it too - it was great!! Anybody know what happens to Rob? It looks pretty serious from the previews.
Quote: Originally Posted by mnnice If it's $200,000 he needs to give you $100,000 minus what ever other assess you are keeping (so $98,000 if you keep the crappy van) not $10,000. Not unless the house is paid off. If you only have $40k equity in the house, then you only get $20k each. The bank owns the rest so there is no more profit. So for example, if the house is valued at $200k but you owe the bank$160k, there is only $40k. Keep in...
Thanks for the links on the vit D. I'll check them out. His ped ordered the bloodowrk. This area is his specialty (I didn't know this!) so he has ordered multiple tests. I am not sure exactly which ones. I think he was surprised when I told him DS has been getting 2-3 fevers a month and that I don't always call every time he has a fever. I've been giving him the vitamins and every night I make him a smoothy with lots of healthy stuff. And surprise, surprise -...
Disney (to me) is not really for adults. I enjoy it with the kids, but I would not enjoy it without them. If he wants to do an amusement park, Universal is more exciting for adults. Another fun thing we have done in Orlando where the adults (especially the husbands!) have had fun is an evening at a go-cart track. We went to one that had 6-7 different courses and some amusement type rides. We paid one price and stayed as long as we wanted and rode whatever we wanted...
If you can swing it, you might want to go to a certified financial divorce planner. I went to one and she helped me out a lot on the financial side of things. It only cost $500. I don't agree with the comment on get yourself a good lawyer. That could end up costing you alot of money that it sounds like you don't have. You really need a financial planner. most lawyers (and I saw a TON of them) aren't that great with the finances. On the house - If there is no...
If I had $100k in debt and I was given $100k, I would for sure pay off the debt first. then all the money that had been used to pay towards debt could be used to build a savings account/401K/house fund. i would also think paying off the debt would help your credit rating which would in turn help you get a lower rate on a house. I am debt free and it is an awesome feeling! I used to have over $30k in credit card debt and it was like this black cloud hanging over me. ...
Couple of things that you can look at... I have a high yield checking account at my credit union that pays 3% annually. Not a lot, but better than 1-1.5%. Have you checked your current bank to see if they have a money market account or a high yield account? A lot of times those types of accounts will pay higher interest. Not sure whether you use a bank or a credit union, but a lot of times credit unions pay higher interest. My kids have a savings account and...