or Connect

Posts by MtBikeLover

I do big parties that usually cost around $350-400 so I don't spend a lot on b-day gifts. This year, it was $15 each. But never more than $50. Plus, their b-days follow quickly after Christmas where they have just been inundated with gifts. And they invite 15-20 kids to their parties so they get inundated with gifts from that.
Thanks! I am definitely not opposed to accupuncture. I have a doc that I love so I will ask him about it. I have a call into the doctor and am waiting for her to call me back. If they refuse to do the full blood check, then I am going to take him to the emergency room tonight as I know they will do it there. Monkeypants - I've also heard that allergies can be a cause. I am going to ask the doctor when she calls me back to see if she will order tests to check...
Thanks everyone! He used to get vitamins but we haven't done them in awhile. I went to the health food store yesterday and bought some. I think he gets plenty of sleep - he goes to bed around 9 and gets up around 7:45 so almost 11 hours of sleep a day. Is that about right for a 7yo? He could be better about washing his hands and not touching his face so much. I actually don't like him using the hand sanitizer because it causes his hands to get so dried out that...
Quote: Originally Posted by Autumn Breeze Can you take him out of school? It sounds like he's not getting to recover completely before another classmate brings another illness? I was seriously thinking about that today but I can't homeschool because I work. Plus, we do lots of stuff so he will always be around people. But I do think that is a big part of the problem. I did keep him home from school for a week the last time he had strep which...
I have a 7yo DS who has been sick for the just about the last 3-4 months. He has literally only had about 3 weeks of complete wellness (no cough, no fever, etc.) He has had strep throat twice, pneumonia, flu-like symptoms two different times (but they wouldn't test due to them not treating it anyways) and now a stomach virus. In between those major, diagnosable illnesses, there have been numerous fevers and coughs that weren't diagnosable. He has missed about 10 days...
You can turn just about any game into a game that everyone wins at. For example, if you play a version of hot potato, you could give them something as they got out. We had a pirate theme at one party so as they got out, they got a hook and got to walk the plank. They all wanted to get out! You could also play freeze dance, do a limbo dance, blow up a bunch of balloons and let them stomp on them (you can even hide little toys in them), and a pinata. Boys love to hit...
Another one I do when they aren't listening to me and I have asked 500 times for something... I say "Oh, I guess you must not be speaking English today. I guess I need to ask in another language. GJKGJ ajdkjakl iwejfij jsdjjwo (I say just a bunch of sounds together)." I keep this up for a bit until they are laughing and paying attention to me then I say "Ok seriously now, I need you to ________."
One day, I was sick of the sibling fighting and I said "Whatever you do, do not hug or kiss each other." And then of course they do. Then I kept it up and said "Oh no, I told you not to hug and kiss. What am I going to do with you. You stop it right now." This led to more hugging and kissing and laughing. Then I said "All right, I am going to call the police and have them come and talk to you." I pretend to call and then I pretend to be the police so in a man's...
Thanks! I might try the peroxide. I did not know that!!
Quote: Originally Posted by Caneel I like the cooler idea. DH can drink galloons of water just walking around. But what do you do with the cooler when you all ride together? Is it possible to leave it outside the ride? We always have a stroller so we leave the cooler in the stroller.