or Connect

Posts by MtBikeLover

Quote: Originally Posted by boysmom2 And I think I have to disagree with this comment. While I am not arguing the accuracy of the numbers given here, I think we have to consider the increase in sales that the company is gaining. They may be losing 25% on a single purchase, but if someone spefically buys that product because of the box top, then the company is gaining 75% that they otherwise would not have had. I don't think that makes them...
Yes - but I also shelter myself. I hate watching the news - its too depressing.
Hmmm....we only leave our kids alone with a select group of people but I have to know them pretty well before I would trust them alone. Here is what I would do - I would set up some time to meet the new grandpa, talk to him, get to know him, etc. Then talk to your MIL and explain that until you get to know him better, you would prefer for your DD not to be left alone without her around. If your DD is primarily going to visit with MIL, then she will more than likely...
Quote: Originally Posted by mommyofshmoo GM gets about $5 for every purchase that leads to a box top Just to set the record straight, because I work for a company that does participate in Box Tops...we don't make anywhere CLOSE to $5 per box of product sold. After paying for production costs, freight costs, labor costs, etc. many companies are lucky to make 10-15% profit. If a product RETAILS for $7.50 that means that the company that made...
My 4 year old would never stay in his room for break time. And trying to make him would result in the same behavior that your daughter has. I wouldn't say she has ADD because of this scenario, but you obviously know your daughter better than anyone. You are in a battle with your daughter and you are forcing her to do something she doesn't want to do. The problem isn't going to resolve itself as long as you keep the cycle going. It sounds to me like the break is...
Quote: Originally Posted by transformed Does anyone weed out "red dye #40" or anything? Are their certain candies you will choose to take out of the basket? I watch Red 40 for pretty much the whole year by just not bringing it in the house. But, unfortunately, most of the candy that my kids like has red 40 (starburst, lollipops, sweet tarts, etc). So I let them have it. It is only 1 week a year. I take out the hard round candies because...
We go trick or treating until the kids get tired (usually about an hour). And then they can eat all the candy they want that night. They usually open a lot, but only actually consume a little. The next day, they eat a little more, and so on for a few days. Then I put the candy up. If they ask for it, I let them pick a few pieces. But they usually don't ask anymore. After about a week of not asking, I take the leftover candy to work. My kids don't like chocolate...
Call me a bad mommy, but when I need a break desparately, I turn on a show for them. I don't do it very often and I don't feel guilty at all for using the TV as a babysitter so that i can collect myself.
Quote: Originally Posted by Rivka5 I know there's a tendency here to label everything we don't like as "mainstream," but I *really* don't think that qualifies as "mainstream." I mean, try to imagine an article in Parents magazine advocating that kind of treatment. Try to imagine the American Academy of Pediatrics coming out with a statement recommending immediate spankings for the slightest disobedience. Sorry - I used the term "mainstream"...