or Connect

Posts by gemasita

There are many women who do it!  Check out this book.  It's a great resource!  Defining Your Own Success:  Breastfeeding After Breast Reduction Surgery.   http://www.amazon.com/Defining-your-Own-Success-Breastfeeding/dp/0912500867/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1342398813&sr=1-1&keywords=bfar
Wow, this is *some* thread!  It has me laughing out loud!   I was trying to think of a word to use for my 17-month-old son when he sees me use the bathroom and points between my legs.  I don't like vagina because that is the internal part, not what he is pointing at.  FWIW, I like the term the poster on the first page suggested:  crotch.  It's pretty general until he gets older and needs to know more specific parts.  Glad I read this thread because I couldn't think...
I have a runner too (well, he's 17 months old so he can't really run yet but he starts walking fast if he hears me say "stop.")  I can't let him down anywhere.  So, he's either in the Ergo, or we are at a playground that is fenced in.  It's pretty limiting but the only way to keep him safe.  I thought it was an age thing but it sounds like, from some of the other posts, that it may not end any time soon.  Also, once I let him down in a fenced-in playground and then it's...
DS is 17 months old Wakes at 8:30-9 Naps from 12-2 or 1-3 Bedtime is between 9-10:30
Yeah, try again in a little while.  My son had a sleep regression at 4-5 months but we also stopped giving him bottles in the middle of the night.  So we went back to the bottles and that really seemed to help.  Once things evened out, we went back to just nursing at night.   Also, I think bottle feeding really helped my husband feel responsible for my son (I was NEVER someone who thought people should bottle feed so the husband can feel involved.  But we had to...
My son is barely 20 lbs at 16 months and my pediatrician told me that breastfeeding should not be cut out in the case of an underweight baby because breastmilk has more calories per oz than many solid foods.  So cutting out breastmilk only to replace it with something that has fewer calories/oz is not very helpful.   Maybe some of the more knowledgeable mammas will respond but I've also heard that food allergies/sensitivities can keep a child from gaining weight...
I pumped the first 8 weeks of DS's life due to latch issues and low milk supply.  I pretty much quit pumping cold turkey at about 9-10 weeks (I did drop pumpings gradually during that time) and now have only pumped a handful of times since then and DS is 16 months old.  Pumping sucks so if you don't need to do it any more, then stop!  You can pump occasionally for a freezer stash but many SAHM's don't even do that and you don't NEED to have a freezer stash.  I was so...
sunwise, I was going to ask just that:  what were the signs of readiness that you saw in your DS?  Where there any others?  I have a 16-month-old who doesn't seem ready (I haven' really thought about night weaning yet, except that I'm darn tired all the time) but he occasionally pops off before falling all the way asleep and that gives me hope that he'll be ready ONE day!
I am curious too, if I child can be "taught" to sleep longer.  I know when I wake up in the middle of the night, I'm not sure I could have done anything to prevent it.  And sometimes it's hard to fall back to sleep, even as an adult!  My DS is just like your child, OP.  Except that he's 16 months old.  I've been holding/nursing him through naps even since he outgrew his swing at 7 months or so.  If I lay him down, he usually sleeps about 20 minutes or less.  If I'm...
If you are pumping 4 oz, it does seem like it's not a supply issue.  I wonder if he's nursing for comfort - maybe some reflux pain or something?