or Connect

Posts by gemasita

I don't know anything about Sheehan's Syndrome but I do have unexplained low supply.  The domperidone works by raising prolactin levels so if your body is responding to it, then it WILL affect your prolactin levels.  Also, my lactation consultant told me that drawing blood for prolactin levels HAS to be timed.  It has to be done before and after a feeding (maybe 20 minutes after?  I can't remember) and then you have to look at the difference.  My primary care physician...
Domperidone, on the other hand, does not cross the blood/brain barrier so no risk of depression.
I did try Reglan because I wanted to say I tried everything to increase my supply.  It gave me a horrible case of depression that lasted a week but I wasn't able to take care of my son on my own so I had to have people stay with me at all times...it was horrible.  I can't say I wouldn't do it again but...it did suck big time.
My son also wakes up and sits up or starts crawling immediately!  I do a lot of chasing him around the bed in the middle of the night!
We are in the same boat!  DS wakes at 9am, usually is tired by 11 or noon but often only naps for 30 minutes.  Then the afternoon nap...who knows...it could be any time between 2:30 and 5 and if it's earlier, we never know what to do about the third - try to get him to sleep or not?  He goes to bed around 9.  Crawling and pulling up for about 3 weeks now, like many of you.  I can handle the inconsistency but 30 minute naps?  Just don't seem like enough.  I've recently...
I totally understand all that you are saying about the rebirthing.  It sounds like you are very intuitive towards this LO and if you think it would help her, get in that nice warm tub with her and relax with her!!!  I think there is something to that....   Also, you said she did ok with the nipple shield. Maybe it would work as a transition to full breastfeeding for her?  It would give her the feel of the bottle nipple but she would start to get the hang of...
This makes me so mad that they won't prescribe domperidone.  (I get mine online without a prescription - totally legit and I DID start out with a prescription from my doc getting it from a local compounding pharmacy so it CAN be done)  Google domperidone and Dr. Jack Newman - he has TONS of info and that might convince your doctor and husband.  It's ludicrous that they will prescribe Reglan but not domperidone.   BTW...those weights are very similar to my son's too. ...
I had SOOO many problems myself early on and the painful nipples went on for months and months. Things did get much better with time though.  Some of the stuff, I don't even know why.   A few thoughts.  Have you tried nursing him while you are laying back?  It might help the flow slow down when you let down and help him get a deeper latch.  Google "laid back nursing" or "biological nursing."   Also, in the OLD Womanly Art of Breastfeeding books, they talk about...
I also wanted to just share my success story since hearing those really helped me when I was struggling and about to give up.  My nipples were sore from day 1 and then became bloody/scabbed.  My son kept losing weight and by 1 week, he was down a lb.  We syringe-fed him for about a week after nursing and then went to bottles after nursing (he did fine with the transition from breast to bottle luckily!).  In the meantime, I started pumping every 3 hours and saw various...
Oh and ditto everything Erin said.