or Connect

Posts by gemasita

I had similar issues - low milk supply AND latch issues because of flat nipples.  It's a horrible combination.  The whole nursing/pumping/bottle-feeding thing take SO much time.  I also had about 30 minutes to catch a few winks (not really) and then do it all over.  I felt guilty if I delayed a pumping session, just like you.  I could cry right now just thinking how nightmarish the first few weeks (well, it did extend into a few months but the first few weeks were SUPER...
I've used the links that the previous poster posted and thought they were really helpful.  I did have to sort of play around with it to find a technique that worked best for me.  So I would just say....practice.  It's SO individual.  I actually have to say to myself outloud, "Press, compress, rest" as I am hand expressing!  Ha ha!  I pump and then hand express and I don't get much, but I do feel like I get what the pump just can't get out.
Yes, it's very frustrating that the answers are not out there and not a lot of research is being done.  I did ask about pituitary disease but apparently it would be hard to get pregnant with that?  To complicate things, I did have infertility but it was tubal, not hormonal.  So many people thing in my case it's linked but it's not.  But, like you, I believe there must be something hormonal going on.  insulin resistance or estrogen dominance or adrenal exhaustion...all...
I am with you that so much more research needs to be done because it seems odd that so many women would have IGT.  I DIDN'T have breast growth during pregnancy but I don't fit the physical profile of IGT so I am still wondering what my true cause of low milk supply is.  I had my thyroid checked several times postpartum because I have a thyroid condition but it was always fine.   The one thing that I am still wondering about is insulin resistance.  I read Making More...
Sounds like a before- and after-feeding weighing could be a useful tool at this point.  Just to make sure he's removing milk effectively.  We should have done this during the first week...it would have helped us narrow down what was going on.  My son ended up losing a full pound due to low milk supply and it took him over 3 weeks to get back to his birth weight.  You could at least narrow it down to low supply, ineffective removal, or rule those things out entirely.  The...
Many people, including me, see Dr. Cindy Young at Cary Healthcare Associates.  She sees a lot of the MDC mamas.  There is a naturopathic doctor adjacent to their office...I'm not sure if they are actually associated or they just recommend her or what.  But they are supportive.
I have been stressing over my DS's weight gain too.  He only gained 5 oz from month 6 to month 7.  I looked it up on Kellymom and they should be gaining 2-3 oz a week at this age.  So, 8-12 oz a month.  So your son isn't way off track for the month.  I *do* have low supply so I've been trying to get a little more donor milk into DS.  My doctor is very pro-BF'ing and said that babies get more calories/oz from BM than from most other foods.  So she was supportive of us...
I will be there!  Can't wait!
You might want to get your thyroid checked and get checked for diabetes too.   i am extremely thirsty while breastfeeding too but it can't hurt to make sure there are no underlying issues.
My LC got me in to a breastfeeding-friendly derm.  Otherwise, it would have been weeks before I could get in.   They actually treated it with Hibiclens.  Hope that's the same for you.  It was easy.