or Connect

Posts by Prism75

I find that my twins nurse more than my other kids did, and it's mostly because if one gets the idea in his/her head, the other one isn't going to pass up the opportunity But they will often nurse on and off for 5-10 minutes, then play, then nurse again, then play, then nurse again, etc. It's all day sometimes, unless I'm super busy and keep asking them to wait a minute until I finish what I'm doing. Does anyone else with toddlers have the constant nursing...
My twins are now two and a half. With both of my other children (7 and 5), I didn't mind co-sleeping at all, and I night-weaned the oldest when I was pregnant with #2 due to the nausea at night, and the second child night-weaned around 18 mo. relatively easily. But with the twins, it's just not that easy. The hardest part, to be honest, for me, is that it's been 2 years now since I've slept next to my hubby. He's only a child away (the twins sleep on either side of...
I'm late right now and wondering the same thing...especially since DH had a vasectomy two years ago...so my chances should be slim to none, but I still am not used to not getting a period once they start up UNLESS I'm preggo. None of my other two nurslings caused my period to stop, but maybe the twins nurse more than a singleton did and can cause ovulation to halt again? And then I have to decide if I spend the $7 on a test, or wait until 6 weeks for the familiar...
I say "had" to because the nausea was too intense at night...so the crying that ensued I felt bad about, but just couldn't physically do it... Deb
I'm in the same boat...with twins! I "had" to wean my other two at night due to pregnancy with the next baby (ies), but this time around I'd just like to sleep...or go out in public without them wanting to nurse NOW in front of people...and nursing two isn't very discreet! I'll keep an eye out for the responses to this one Deb
Been there...though at the time they didn't have their diapers on since I tend to let them go in-between changings sometimes to dry off...so I had some blame, too... Deb
Actually, my twins switched places at birth. There was a bulging bag of waters, with the head directly behind, felt by the midwife. The water broke, and several minutes later I birthed the other twin IN HER BAG OF WATERS....then the cord prolapsed from the second twin, whose water had already broken, and I pushed him out. The placentas were fused next to each other, as well, and I pushed them out together minutes later (and it was much harder than the other placentas I...
Well, I knew deep down, and thought about it at 16 weeks when my fundal height was at my belly button, but then repressed all thought of twins by 20 weeks when my fundal height measured right on (the rest of the pregnancy, even) and I didn't gain any more weight than with my two former pregnancies. I honestly didn't think about having two, but yet I couldn't accept the fact that I was having either a boy, OR a girl...I couldn't let go of either one of those images, and I...
I'm right there with you. Mine are 18 months and two nights ago I felt horrible because I let my dd cry a bit more than usual because I was plain frustrated about being up so much and it's cold here and I'm tired of having my shirt up to my neck when I want to be warm and cozy.... I will try night weaning in a few months when they understand a little more and it's warmer out. I honestly can't wait. I've been nursing or pregnant for over 6 years now, and it will be nice to...
I only gained 30 lbs, which is also what I gained during each of my previous singleton pregnancies. We also didn't know we were having twins until the birth, so I followed my cravings, which was lots of carbs, not so much protein... Babies came out healthy at 38 1/2 weeks weighing 5-3 and 6-3, which is great for my babies as my other two singletons were 6-8 (40 weeks) and 7-4 (41 weeks) Deb