or Connect

Posts by Aurora

Hello all!   I thought it would be fun to have a thread where we can talk about, and post pictures of, what we are making for our babes.    All crafts are welcome!
It's September! Our babies will be here in no time! It sounds like we are all finishing up the last things that need to be done before the little ones arrive.   I am still pregnant. Baby is staying put!  I am trying to keep myself from going completely nuts on bedrest by knitting. I think I may start a crafting thread so we have a place to talk about what we are making and post pictures. I need the distraction. 
Zub and Chrisa- so glad babies are still growing inside!   AFM: 31 weeks and 4 days. I'm on bed rest. I was having tons of contractions on Saturday and got checked out. I'm 90% effaced and dilated to a 3. *sigh* 
The baked potato soup sounds divine! It is super hot here, and I am contemplating making soup for dinner. I need the weather to cool off so my family does not revolt. 
I could write an ode to prefolds!  I love how they look. I love how soft they are, especially the unbleached ones. I love how they don't leave elastic marks on sweet baby skin. I love how they look hanging up drying on the line. I love the simplicity. I love that they are natural fibers and when paired with wool, it is a breathable combination. Plus, they are useful for all sorts of other tasks too. I have stuffed them down my bra in the early engorged days to mop up my...
It has been a long time since I have used cloth diapers. Our youngest is 6, so I am having tons of fun putting a new stash together. I adore prefolds! Prefolds and wool are my favorite combo. The fun thing is, I saved all the wool longies my youngest two children wore, so this baby will get to wear them too. I cannot wait to dress this babe in wool hand knits! My babies all have come early and been small, so I am planning accordingly.   My NB stash is:   24...
I could live happily on soup and bread. I was planning on potato cheese soup as my first meal, but since Angel mentioned broccoli cheese...   This is my very favorite broccoli cheese soup recipe. I have never froze it, so I am not sure how well it works, but I may try it this weekend. If it does well, I will make up a pot to freeze.  http://www.soulemama.com/soulemama/2009/09/bits.html
It was very overwhelming and afterwards I felt like I had been run over by a bus.   Like you, I realize this time could be longer, but who knows? I think you are wise to prepare for a fast birth.
Super cute welcome sign! I think it is a terrific welcome for your babe! I love Autumn! It is my favorite season.    LOL about the car. Normally I would just stay super close to home too, but with my children attending school 35 minutes away, I want to be prepared. My sister and friend are going to drive my kids, but you never know if they might get hurt or sick and then I would go get them. My third child's labor (first labor and vaginal birth after 2 c-sections)...
I am up for a birth bead swap or labor flag swap. I would love to wear a necklace that was made from beads from all of you. I think having that support would be fantastic!