or Connect

Posts by LAWoman

That's just awful for your sister. While I'm a big fan of extended nursing, I can't imagine waiting too long to have a surgical repair in that situation. Her health and well being need to be top priority right now. I wonder if finding the right balance of nursing and supplementation could get her ovulating sooner. All of my friends who combined nursing with formula got their cycles back pretty early. Mine came back the month after I stopped pumping during the day and...
To the OP - The Tdap vax is relatively new so the chances are you have not had it. We delayed vaccinating my son so I got the Tdap to protect him. The strategy is called "cocooning". Since 1/3 of pertussis cases in young babies are transmitted from the mother to the baby and adult boosters have been shown to at least lower the risk of transmission to babies, the idea is that babies are protected by vaxing the caregivers during the very vulnerable infant stage. The idea...
I know you are in California, but maybe if you post a specific location someone here will know of a breech friendly OB. If you have already posted it I apologize, I don't recall seeing it. Seems worth a shot at this point. I know of a couple in Los Angeles, two of them are at Good Samaritan in downtown LA. I just can't imagine that any breech trained doctor would force a c-section on you given your particular risk factors. Why isn't the back up OB petitioning the...
Airway obstruction through choking and strangulation are the #1 cause of accidental death in children under 1. I would absolutely not take a risk. From the home safety council report on accidental deaths in children: Quote: Strangulation Strangulation occurs among children when consumer products become wrapped around their necks. Common items include clothing drawstrings, ribbons or other decorations, necklaces, pacifier strings, and window blinds...
Oh, and don't worry, they won't give all her vaxes at one time. They will put her on a catch up schedule.
I'm glad you went to be with your daughter. I read your other thread and given everything your daughter has been going through lately, and the fact that the authorities are involved, I'm not sure I would fight this particular fight right now. I'm not a lawyer but it sounds like you need one (you can ask the social worker at the hospital, there are probably some free or very low cost legal aid options locally). I would strongly advise you to do whatever the lawyer...
I have to admit to being totally confused by that text. So the theory offered is that rabies symptoms are caused by fear? Or a real infection is exacerbated by fear? Or fear in conjunction with the vaccine cause rabies symptoms? Is that what it says or am I misreading? How would that theory explain deaths from rabies where no vaccine was ever given? Or how would it explain why 95% of rabies deaths are in areas where the infection is endemic. Are the 55,000 people in...
Quote: Originally Posted by newmum35 Thank you for the great explanation. It makes me wonder if those babies who do have severe reactions to the infant DTaP perhaps have a more "mature" immune system or such that it makes it more reactive than in other babies? - or are all babies immune systems about on the same level, and some are simply reacting more strongly to other things in the vaccines, and not necessarily the level of diphtheria toxoid and...
I know it's easy to want to see a conspiracy here but I think he just showed poor judgement in word choice when he said "toxic" as shorthand instead of explaining the difference in vaccines and why the pediatric one is not appropriate in an adult population. Unfortunately long medical explanations don't make for good press quotes. The pediatric formulation of the pertussis vaccine (DTaP) has higher levels of both diphtheria toxoid and pertussis antigen than the adult...
I was in the same position last year so I feel for you. My main issue was that i responded horribly to the pump so I had to pump for like 30 minutes at a time to get one 4 ounce bottle. So with 2 sessions a day I was spending an hour pumping and ended up leaving later to get everything done which meant less time with my son overall. I ended up pumping when I could but also throwing in some supplementing starting around 9 months and was done pumping entirely around 10.5...