or Connect

Posts by LAWoman

Soothies!!!! http://www.soothies.com/gelpads.html I swear these saved my breastfeeding relationship. They are expensive but worth every penny. Every new mom I know is gonna get some from me.
Hi Everyone - I'm wondering if anyone can tell me how supplementing one bottle a day with formula might affect my supply. My son is just shy of 7 months and we've nursed exclusively until now. I've been working full time since he was 10 weeks old and just can't keep up with pumping enough to leave with him while I'm at work. I've never had supply problems but my body does not respond well to the pump at all. Right now I pump 4 times a day to have enough to leave 2...
I am usually a bit of a style snob but when it came to a glider I went with comfort. We have spent hours, and hours and hours in that chair and I am really glad I got it even tough it isn't the most attractive piece of furniture in my house. I would definitely not recommend that Ikea chair without trying it out. I tried it since I was considering it as a second rocking chair to keep in our bedroom and I found it horribly uncomfortable. And it barely rocks, and the...
She's a cutie! I just pm'd you!
My son had a very high palate and a very strong suck which turned my nipples into swiss cheese. It was horrible. Latching on was more painful than contractions. I would scream and cry with the first minute of every feeding. Once the worst of it subsided and his mouth grew a bit and it was less painful it still took over 2 months for my nipples to heal completely. I finally had to pump to give them a break to encourage healing. But mine were really, really bad. Like huge...
I sympathize. I am 14 weeks today and still very sick at night. Luckily the all day every waking moment sickness ended at 12 weeks and has just turned into all evening sickness. But I still have the bionic sense of smell and a hair trigger gag reflex. I swear the wind blows the wrong way and I gag. And the smell thing...I never expected that having a strong sense of smell could be so horrible. It is the absolute worst part of this for me. I HATE it. I feel like I live...
I just wanted to thank everyone for their comments and thoughts so far. The arrangement I think I am most interested in at this point is bringing my (potential future) child to work with me. I do find I function better and am more productive at the office than at home. Also, many aspects of my job are easier accomplished in the office. I also like and need that line otherwise I am afraid work will bleed into all other aspects of my life. I like the sense of leaving work...
I just started back at work after a couple of years off due to caring for a sick relative and then subsequent depression. I am very happy to be back but the time off took a big toll on our finances and my mental health and self esteem. I'll be working for a very small nonprofit in the arts. There are 4 full time employees --all women-- and 3 part timers. The salary is very low (I'm almost 32 and will be making less money than I did when I was 22 which is a bit...
I just wanted to thank everyone for their thoughts on this. I hope that by dealing with it long before an actual baby arrives I will be as prepared as I can be to face whatever challenges surface. I actually spoke with my therapist about it yesterday and it turns out she has a collegue who does hypnosis and he has a sliding scale fee that isn't too bad so we are going to try that as soon as I get pregnant. I will report back on how it goes Anyway, thanks again. It is...
I know how important breastfeeding is and I am very committed to it but I am also working on overcoming some very real fears. Here's the thing...I have a very strong aversion to having my nipples touched at all. I never let my husband touch them. I don't even touch them myself if I can avoid it. I have to hold my breath and close my eyes through a breast exam just to get through it and am even having a hard time writing about this. I know that sounds crazy to a lot of...