or Connect

Posts by sweetpea333

7 years ago I went through the same thing. I suffered from ocd and intrusive thoughts my whole life, shortly after my dd was born i went through hell with guilt and horrible sexual thoughts that almost killed me. Things got worse and worse until I realized that my constant confessions to others brought on more thoughts,  the only thing that made it better was letting the bad thought image go through one ear and out the other, giving it no  attention.  The more u analyze...
I tried both for ocd,  I found that zoloft made me very tired and did give me weight gain and i stayed on it for only about 2 months.  Prozac definitely helped and I found that it made me more awake and a little bit hyper and it did help with the ocd and also i actually lost alot of weight on it because i had more energy.  The down side about prozac is that i had a hard time falling asleep at nite and would have to take ativan to help me get to sleep.  And another thing...
I have  5 and 6 year old daughters,  and I find myself not being as playful as I used to be when they were younger,  I don't ignore them or anything I just find myself not  setting out activities as I used to or not going on very many outings during the school week.  I'm actually started to feel like a shabby mom,  it's seems like I never think to spontaneously snuggle them anymore or give airplane rides and baby talk them anymore.  I really feel like I'm losing that...
I'm starting to have fears and doubts about my dd5 not having a pertussis vaccination. I'm scared that if she did get pertussis that she could die and it would all be because I chose not to vaccinate. This is really haunting me. But I'm also afraid of her being injured by the vaccine. I feel really confused right now and unsure of how to proceed. Does anyone else ever doubt their decisions?
Dear Jen, I know what u are going through, about 6 years ago I suffered from intrusive thoughts about hurting people or my kids and it took me about two years to rid myself of the anxiety that came after these thoughts. This does sound like ocd to me, and while u think you might not have any compulsion your compulsion could be googling your symptoms and seeking reassurance from others, I used to compulsively confess all my intrusive thoughts on random message boards, to...
When I brought my youngest daughter who is underweight to the doctor, signed a form for a vaccine they were testing I think it was for meningitis, and hours later we had to bring her to emerge because she was very lethargic and fevered, she was x-rayed and observed, but we were told it couldn't have been from the vaccine, it had to have been a coincidence... yeah right.
I take valium for anxiety attacks, I find it a life saver for me, because im not a fan of anti-depressants that are supposed to prevent the attacks, because they change me and make me feel strange. With the valium I take it when i get that awful panicky worrying feeling in my stomach and the panic subsides quickly, and it doesn't make me feel stoned like other medications just calm. Of course I dont recommend it for everyone, just in extreme cases. I haven't had any...
My four year old had one vax and had a terrible reaction to it so that's when i started to do my research and stopped the vaccinations all together, my five year old has had a few vaxes. Both of them have never had an ear infection or anything other then the season flu or a cold, no infections of the throat no lingering colds or flu's. I think it is because i stopped vaxing.
thanx for the replies, i think im going to try dotting out her name for her to trace because she brought home something she traced at school and it was really good.
thanx for the replies, im feeling a little better now