or Connect

Posts by katy1844

Hi Ladies,   I just had my 4th child three weeks ago, my first child was a little sensitive to dairy and soy…..took me YEARS to figure that one out she still has issues, my 2nd had NO issues at all super easy baby :-)  My third had SO many issues that I basically ate rice potatoes veggies and fruit for 2+ years… good news is once I changed her diet she was great and now (5yrs) can eat almost everything (mostly thanks to this forum it saved us!!).  Now my 4th is only 3...
Hi Ladies,   I just had my 4th, my first child was a little sensitive to dairy and soy…..took me YEARS to figure that one out, my 2nd had NO issues at all super easy baby :-)  My third had SO many issues that I basically ate rice potatoes veggies and fruit for 2 years… good news is once I changed her diet she was great and now (5yrs) can eat almost everything.  Now my 4th is only 3 weeks old I started out eating everything not tons of dairy but some.  She has HORRID...
Thanks for all the advice ladies!  Were still homeschooling, we started last year (his 1st grade year) with basically no reading level as I stated earlier, by the end of the year he was where my daughter was by the end of Kindergarden.  Reading is still a huge challenge for him.  I recently had him tested and depending on the test/subject he's anyway from 1.2 to 1.7 grade year, which is still below his grade, he's now 8 and in second grade, he should be around 2.2 this...
Hello ladies, I just had a friend who was told " research is starting to show that women have so many pollutants/toxins in their BM and are passing them on to their babies. Even if they were "clean" during pregnancy makes no difference. These are toxins from childhood, like plastics, that never leave the body. Not to mention, with all of the vaccines we have been given, we are not doing a good job of passing on any natural immunities." I of course think this is crap-...
I'm just curious, any of you that have used Zantac, how you had your baby yet?  Tums is OUT for sure.  I had reflux with my 2nd and 3rd (this is my 4th) I just suffered with the 2nd it wasn't too bad-but was seriously bad with my 3rd and took TONS of tums.....anyways she was my only child that had HORRID allergies.  One of the first questions my ped allergist asked was if I used tums when I was pregnant......seems even though I was told they were fine to take there's new...
I'm dying here ladies.....24 weeks pregnant and the acid reflux is SOOO bad-any suggestions?   kt
Ugh it's been HORRIBLE to be honest.  We have spent two months looking for a house (while we all have been in a hotel- 3 kids pregnant it stinks!).  We had one offer accepted in Clarence-inspection was NOT good :-(  just placed another offer and it was countered too high sigh.  We are so desperate we are looking EVERYWHERE within 30 minutes of downtown Buffalo.  So exhausted were now thinking of renting. Have to say the other REALLY heartbreaking thing has been the birth...
Hi ladies,   I am meeting with a home birth midwife soon, however,  due to cost I'm not sure if I will be able to go that route vs the hospital where the insurance covers all costs  :-(  Does anyone have any suggestions for a midwife that takes insurance and has anyone given birth at the buffalo hospital.... if so I would love to hear about your experience.  Thanks!   katy
I tested positive for my third child, and the midwife insisted on the iv antibiotic, and I have also been told that once you test positive you are always considered positive.  My first two children didn't have any allergies- with my third child I had horrible reflux and was told to take tums (although I had reflux with the other two I didn't take tums) and then this antibiotic at birth- those are the only two big differences between the pregnancies.  My third child's gut...
Wow $2500 for everything- you are SO lucky I wish I lived closer to you!  I'm looking at $5000-7000 AT LEAST