or Connect

Posts by ^guest^

Quote: Originally Posted by SusanElizabeth Please argue with me about this BUT...... Bill Maher does have a point. WHY are women willing to participate in a protest about breast feeding, when we have this whole terrible war going on in Iraq, where parents have children who are dying or have other severe injuries and there isn't more public outcry against it??? The right to breastfeed in public is very minor in comparison. I'm sorry but it does seem...
Ooof, this sounds a lot like me. I was the same pre-baby. Yoga, meditation, self-exploration, worked full time. Now I feel like a shell of the person I once was. I'm on the right path to getting me back though. I had a good idea that got put on the back burner for a long time, a project that I wanted to do but just never had the motivation or time to work on. Recently, a close friend of mine has kicked me in the butt to get started on it. With her acting as my editor,...
Yar. Just call me Ching Shih. It be high time to don me Jolly Roger tank top (well, one of them anywho, I own like a dozen of them).
Respecting a teen is the same thing as respecting anyone else. For some reason, as soon as young people have a "-teen" attached to their age, they are looked at as some kind of social disease. I was a GATE kid (the advanced classes, gifted child stuff). I was socially, emotionally, and intellectually conscious long before a lot of kids. I jumped at the chance to enter speech and debate when I got into High School. I always felt (and still feel, being only 25) that being...
Forgive me, but it's early and I'm doped up on pain killers for a cracked wisdom tooth but the comments on that Huff Post blog had me dying. WHERE are all these breastfeeding moms who are jaunting about topless, flopping their boobs in other people's fine dining experience? I get the sense that when some people see some side-boob with a baby attached, their eyes glaze over and their rational mind goes out the window. What once was a few centimeters of mammery flesh...
I wanted to add, I like that your DSD has chosen "young person" as her preferred terminology. I remember I started become very socially conscious when I was about 14 - especially about issues pertaining to my age group (over- criminalization and abuse of human and civil rights by authorities, mostly). I hated the fact that teenagers were barely considered people. Changing the terminology to imply that yes, teenagers are human beings as well, is a step in the right...
It sounds like your DSD is socially conscious and does not want the stigma of "teenager" applied to her. Think about how many derogatory things you hear, directly or indirectly, about "teens".
Quote: Originally Posted by lovingmommyhood How do you get that from this? "My husband had a friend at work who had 3 vasectomies and a child each of the first two (for a total of 5)." Lol I meant he had a kid after each of the first two vasectomies. They had 3 kids, he went for a vas, it failed and his wife got preggo, got another one, wife got preggo again, got a third and it finally worked.
Quote: Originally Posted by jennnk At least Chaplin & his contemporaries were part of vaudeville or close enough to it that the people watching understood the roots of their antics. : I guess I just don't have a need for stupid humor. Almost everyone else I know does, which really drives home the snob thing for me and really embarrasses me a bit because everyone has these in-jokes like "MORE COWBELL" and I'm like "You want to go back to 3rd grade music...
Quote: Originally Posted by fek&fuzz I'm a cheese snob. And a bread snob. And a total ice cream snob (only my dad's, or my boyfriend's lime avocado ice cream) And a coffee snob. Lime avocado? Dear baby jesus and a flock of sheep I NEED THIS RECIPE. Avocadoes are my favorite fruit, and likely the ambrosia of the gods.