or Connect

Posts by ^guest^

Quote: Originally Posted by jennnk I'm a snob about just about everything people have mentioned here so far - baby names, food, toiletries, art, yarn, textiles in general (don't get me near polyester!), grammar & language, music, movies, pens (glad I'm not the only one with a pen fetish!). I see posters all over town for "balls of fury" and I just shudder at the state of American cinema. Gone are the days of films like The Third Man. I do watch some...
Yeah, I'm a chocolate snob. I can't stand milk chocolate. I can't stand Hershey ANYTHING, it tastes like, and has the mouth feel of wax. Really I'm a foodie, I know what something should taste like if it's good, fresh, and top of the line. My parents think I'm insane for thinking that a pizza should be nothing more than pizza dough (hand made, of course), fresh mozzarella, and tomatoes. I'll still eat me some DiGiorno if I'm hungry though <.<
My husband had a friend at work who had 3 vasectomies and a child each of the first two (for a total of 5). He had just turned 30. His nickname was "Rabbit' and I was warned to stand far, far away from him because he could impregnate a woman by simply looking at her. However, I've had several months lately where my period was late and I could swear I was pregnant (even though we were using protection). Turned out I wasn't, so it can go either way. Best to get tested, the...
Quote: Originally Posted by PikkuMyy Ouch - smoking poison ivy would be so awful!!!! There is no option in between "I used to smoke" and "I smoked it once or twice" because some people have smoked it more than a couple of times but didn't smoke frequently enough to say they "used to smoke" like I could say I used to smoke cigarettes. I'll also say that while it can act medicinally for some people to help pain, cure nausea, and improve appetite, for...
Already mentioned earlier Oblongs and Greg the Bunny. Man I miss that show. "Aight blah" was a cliche by the time my friends and I got done with it. Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law <3 Not canceled, but ended too early for me: Rome. I could have done with one more season, but it was awfully expensive. I think I just want Vorenus to come back from the dead, lol.
In my town, on the main stretch of very large road (El Camino Real, it goes through most of California, lol) there are camera lights at every intersection. I don't mind them because we seem to have a REALLY high number of serious accidents at those intersections. Nearly everytime I'm at one specific intersection, *someone* runs a red. And for some reason Californians really do suck at driving. All the blah blah blahing on the cellphones I guess.
Oh, I miss tech support. I know, I'm crazy, but stuff like that made my day. Spice of life and all. I worked for a web hosting company, in their online email support department. There was one guy, sweet, but crazy. No, I mean tinfoil hat crazy, literally. He had a couple of websites with us about some kind of solar power cell he had apparently invented, and the government stole from him and destroyed his career and were monitoring him at all times. Whenever something...
Quote: Originally Posted by boingo82 No, and never, but how many pots have YOU smoken? Dang, now I gotta go watch the 40 year old virgin. Or Grandma's Boy. This thread definitely has me in the mood for Grandma's boy.
I was a daily smoker (and a Sys Admin too - it was the only thing that kept me sane after dealing with 63 cranky web servers all day) until I got pregnant. Quit for about a year after having DD, now I do very very occasionally, far away from the house and only in the wee hours of the evening when DD is asleep. I'm really not big on drinking anymore, I get nauseous before I get a buzz. Not very relaxing, lol. I really wish it were safe for more cannibis users to come out...
Quote: Originally Posted by adon we were JUST talking about this at playgroup! it's seems pointless to clean...as soon as i clean it's a disaster area within and hour....or should i say 5 minutes! and the dishes....DH and i usually have a deal if you cook the other person does the dishes. WELL.....it seems i have been doing all the cooking AND all the dishes!!: so the dishes are still sitting on the sink, and he never gets the hint. i washed dishes...