or Connect

Posts by ^guest^

After having mostly male friends, I can say "no" to *always* being better off. Case in point: My friend had a baby with a girl he was not married to. He has their little girl the majority of the time and is the only one who buys her new clothes and takes care of her well, yet for the time being he still has to pay child support. Mother can't (or won't) hold down a steady job, lives in an area dubbed Crack Ridge (guess why?) and uses the childsupport to get her nails...
I have two so far, and am designing my third. The first is a ice blue European dragon on my right calf that I got on my 18th birthday. The second is a wooden pentacle wrapped in ivy with theban letters spelling out "Neoma" at each point of the pentacle on my chest, that I got on my 22nd birthday (which also coincided with my Ostara celebration with my best friend). The next one in the works is two tribal-style dragons touching nose to nose to form a heart with my baby's...
I too have one of those babies that will usually fuss up a storm if she's in a sling. Even in utero she HATED being cramped up (there were times when I honestly thought she had broken bones or something while I was pregnant because she would kick and squirm so hard), so the sling "womb" isn't comforting to her. I keep trying and wear her for a little bit each day and try different positions. Sometimes she likes it, sometimes she acts like I'm torturing her :LOL She...
I know it was A Perfect Circle's Thirteenth Step that was playing, but blast if I can remember what song it was I brought both A Perfect Circle albums and Portishead's Dummy with me to the birthing room at my Midwife's birth center
Well hi there I'm new here, as my postcount says loud and clear Pagan mama of a 2 month old little girl named Nora I used spells and rituals all throughout my pregnancy and afterwards. When I was pregnant and worrying (because I worry like it's going out of style half the time), I had a blessed rose quartz worry stone to meditate with, infact, I gave birth with it! I had an idea recently, after reading a homeschooling board (we plan on at least partially...
I got this whole spiel for a while after Nora was born. "You can leave her for a bit you know, she won't cry herself to death." and "she's too attached to you" (?!?!). She is (and was even more so in her first two months) quite high need, but after a few months of having her needs consistantly met, we've developed a rythmn. Up until she had her vaccinations ( : ) she was a pleasant, smiley, well fed and well loved baby. People don't really understand that in order to meet...
Quote: Originally Posted by cmb123 After lots and lots of research when my children were babies, I decided to do SOME vaccines, on my timetable (which took years, as opposed to 18months or on thier schedule). While none of my children have had any negative reactions to the shots (none that we know of yet anyway, who knows what kinds of long term possibilities there are!), I have decided I do not want them to have any further vaccinations. They are all...
Quote: Originally Posted by aniT Dh has something like this. I thought they were moles. After awhile I started getting them. I have been trying to figure out how moles were contagious. I never knew them to be. Now I know why. They aren't moles! And they can take their stupid vaccines and shove them. Next thing you know there will be a vaccine for diaper rash. Give me a break. :LOL I had plantar warts when I was like, 3. Oh NOEZ! I...
Well, I'm really surprised. I talked with my husband about it when he got home, read him the ingredient list, and told him it didn't make sense to me to compromise a healthy child's immune system with all these neurotoxins and carcinogens while the immune system was still developing. He agreed, and told me he had been worried about the baby after she had her shots too. She's been coughing (which she never did before unless she was coughing on formula) and extremely...
Hi there. I'm new to this forum (Pleasedtameetcha),and I just had a daughter. She is now 2 months old. I had a completely drug free natural birth. I had a lot of people telling me I was stupid for not doing it the "accepted" way of hospital birthing. Had I gone to a ob/gyn instead of a midwife, I would have most likely suffered through an induced labor, as I was 2 weeks late. My little girl is bright eyed and alert, and by all means perfect. I'm not the type to do...