or Connect

Posts by ^guest^

I'm having trouble connecting with my DD, again. It's been like this since she was born, really - it's been a struggle for us to connect except when she's calm, which is rare. I know she's bored. She's not really a "toy" kid. She likes active stuff. She's more physical than she is verbal at this point, though she has many phrases, a competent vocabulary, and is starting to string words together to make 2-3 word sentences independantly (that are not phrases she commonly...
Quote: Originally Posted by Rabbi Pervy McPerverson I told the mother that in being so devoted to her son, she had committed the cardinal sin of marriage, which is to put someone else before her spouse, even if that someone is your child. Quote: Originally Posted by Codi's Mama :Puke Yeah this too. Last I checked, my husband is a grown adult capable of feeding, bathing, entertaining, and cleaning up after himself....
Funny, my husband watched me breastfeed AND watched the birth of our daughter (he was holding my darn leg at the time even), and he doesn't seem to have developed anti-erotic feelings towards any of my girly bits. Er...quite the opposite in fact! I think he's been more attracted to me since the birth of our daughter than he was when I was young and slim and stretchmark-less.
I voted that I would allow it, and in the house is fine. I think it's some mighty big assumption to think that parents like myself will just hand a kid some condoms at some pre-determined date and say "there ya go! have fun!" I will allow it when she's ready. She's not that age yet, but I hope that we will maintain an open and honest enough relationship that she can talk about the enormity of becoming sexually active, the physical and emotional ramifications of sex,...
See, I really wouldn't mind this for an older child, in my case at least. But 2 is a little much. I'm a practicing pagan, but I intend for my daughter to find her own path, if she even chooses to walk a spiritual path at all. So collecting "beginners" books in various religions is what I plan to do, but when you start at 2 years old, it's less "exposing" and more "indoctrinating".
Lousy friends, I don't know. It happens to all of us. You meet a person, you think they're nice, you want to hang out with them, and as time goes on their true nature becomes apparent. You just have to teach (and lead by example) your kids that some people are not worth being in a personal relationship with. All kids run the chance of picking lousy friends - but it's the insecure kids that just want someone to hang around with that end up keeping them. Petty...
Quote: Originally Posted by Jay'smom Can you find a child care home as opposed to a center? Maybe a home like environment will be easier. Bring her over there as much as possible before you go back to work and gradually build up to your leaving her there for a few minutes, then a 1/2 an hour, and so on. Good luck, I know it's hard. Well, for now we've decided that since I'll be making enough money for us to get by in a decent apartment...
I've either been a WAHM or SAHM since my DD has been born. I have the opportunity to get a job that pays very well and will allow us to get on our feet financially, and I'd like to take it. However, I am nervous...no, scared...no, TERRIFIED of leaving my DD in daycare. She freaks out if I walk outside to the garbage! She's a little over 2 years old. Last night my DH and I went out, and I told my mother to call me if DD woke up (we were less than a mile away, and my mom,...
Quote: Originally Posted by ebony Houdini, I sympathize with you. My son was bullied and started to become angry and aggressive. I had to put him in anger management at 8 yrs old. Last year, a kid attacked him on the bus and my son ended up in the ER with a bruised nose and shoulder (thankfully that was all it was).: Not even the bus driver did anything. This was after my son started using words to express his anger. My son didn't even try to...
Bringing this to attention in my late night Slate stroll: http://www.slate.com/id/2169459/ I like how they compare the theory of toxin-induced autism to a religion And how the CDC was so concerned about thimerosal! Such a kind, caring, socially responsible group they are! I haven't posted here much lately as the whole thing tends to get my blood boiling to un-zen levels, but really. They're willing to blame cable TV but not precious and infallible vaccines.