or Connect

Posts by ^guest^

I love the rubber chicken idea! Pure genius. Last night we had an "incident" that left my mother not speaking to me for the remainder of the evening. I, on the other hand, felt fine. DD was sitting in the bay window (the dogs sit in the window and bark at passers-by, so DD does too, lol). She's usually very good about staying seated or on her knees. She decided to get up and run the length of the window. I started towards the window to go pick her up and physically...
Quote: Originally Posted by marybethorama First of all It sounds like you are doing a fine job of parenting. I'm sorry to hear that your mother is just like mine :P I've so BTDT. You're coping with a lot right now-I can understand why you might be on edge. Thank you It really helped just to get all this out of my head and into words. As soon as I hit the submit thread button, my head started to clear, and I started thinking about the...
I'm not expecting much in the way of replies and don't feel obligated to give me advice. I just need to release this to stop the negative monologue in my head that won't go away. My husband and I went out last night and talked over drinks. My husband works with my mother. Apparently my mom comments, at work, about my parenting. Saying how she would do it differently. My husband says it makes him uncomfortable, that he would do things my mom's way if it were left up to...
Quote: Originally Posted by GenB I remember being that way too and I didn't like my parents much. She was a great younger kid then we put her in a private school with lots of mean, rich girls and life went downhill from there. She compensated by becoming involved with a really bad (but good looking) guy which caused its own problems. We're past that now and we took her out of the school. SHe's in college and works for her dad but she never wants to be...
Quote: Originally Posted by GenB Does anyone here have an older teenage daughter? I need to advice before I lose my mind! She's a bright kid but is completely wrapped up in her social life and is definitely ALL ABOUT HER!!! Is this normal? Any thoughts/feeback/advice would be much appreciated!!!!! Pretty standard. Give it a few years, early to mid 20's is when they realize their parents are people too
Quote: Originally Posted by Bestbirths I agree with you Neoma. So if you have a child with a poor body image, wears their hair covering their eyes and covers their body with baggy clothes, or a teenager who likes to dress provocatively, what can you do then to fix attitudes, both preventitive and after the fact? Both are probably symptoms of something, but how do we address this? Preventatively? Set a good example. Teach and practice healthy...
Quote: Originally Posted by jhow32000 I don't think healing your stepfather is what you need to focus on. For you this would be a long-term issue when all you need is to be in a safe environment for your children. It sounds like you need to move out. While you may not be able to find the housing you want, you may need to weigh your priorities. I would move into some pretty crappy apartments, without an animal and with cramped conditions to get my child...
Yanno, I don't know why this thread has held my attention for so long, but I just wanted to interject my (finally formulated coherently) opinion on the subject of modesty. My daughter is 2 but I'm sure something to this effect will pop up in a decade's time... I think I'm actually fine with somewhat revealing clothes (to a degree...if you sit down and your skirt is suddenly hovering somewhere in the hip region, or you bend down halfway to pick something up and people...
Quote: Originally Posted by Yoshua Sorry, there may be no excuse, but there definately is a reason. And there is never an excuse for revenge any ways. It is always done with intent and if you try to come up with excuses as to why someone does it then you would be deluding yourself into thinking the person didn't intend to do it. (All the you's are general yous, not at Neoma) Guess I'm a tad confused as to why you're quoting my post....
Yeah, it's disrespectful, but I can understand her line of thinking. It's pretty disrespectful to miss your kid's athletic events (when it's obvious they want you there) so you can go out on the town with pals. It doesn't justify her actions, but it makes them understandable. She's already missing out on mom-time because of classes, but she's mature enough to accept that. Losing what little mom-time is left over to friends and afternoons on the town has got to be painful...