or Connect

Posts by ^guest^

Quote: Originally Posted by smillerhouse Cara had her belly pierced a week ago Friday. One thing : ceheck out the form. It needed to be notrized. I had not ever pid for a notory before-ended up paying nearly 5 dollars. Another thing, they day you can't do swimming for two months. We live in Fl. and she is very active in the water in the summer. She has been swimming several times and no problems. Sallie Swimming really only poses much of a...
Ahh..the infamous belly button piercing teenagers so long for. I say, GREAT. I've suggested the following for parents who are open minded about body modification: Make them research the whole process, from start to finish. That includes what to look for in a quality shop (knowledgable staff, sterile instruments, autoclave on the premises, full care instructions given and the availability of follow-up visits should it not be healing properly). Make sure they know what...
A really great look (very sporty and in with the beach n surf crowd 'round here in SD) that I'll probably invest in myself (forgive me, I'm a fashion junkie) is a tankini top and boyshort style bottom in different, but complimentary colors/prints, or girl's board shorts. They're comfortable, modest, but extra trendy, because you can hit the beach and then walk up the street and hit the shops without having to change. Most people think boardshorts and get the idea of...
I always figured I'd co-sleep until DD didn't want to anymore. Even with the 3 of us cramming into a full size bed (and she's TALL for a 2 year old), we thought we were making it work. Until I started spazzing out and just generally being a big old meanie during the day. I thought maybe it was revenge of my thyroid, so I went to the doctor to get a blood test taken. I explained everything, and he said he thought maybe I had sleep apnea. I said, HA you're crazy. A few...
Quote: Originally Posted by mamaduck Work with him on self-confidence. Nobody deserves to be bullied, no matter what. But certain behaviors and attitudes seem to elicit more negative attention than others. Talk to him about walking confidently, holding his head up, avoiding direct eye contact, etc. Also, be sure that he is involved in activities that he likes and is good at. All children need to feel safe. Period. But children who know what...
Hrm...I haven't read any books regarding this, but I'll give you my perspective as a grown-up explosive person who has an explosive child. I was a self-injurer (and had a preference for throwing breakable things like bottles and glasses) until I learned some of these coping skills. I'm going to lay odds your son has the same problem both I and my DD have - anger and frustration actually build up as near-painful kinetic energy. It can't be thought or wished away or it...
This is sort of what's holding me back from going back to work in the outside world after being either a WAHM or SAHM for 2 years. Every job in my industry (tech support/customer service/IT) seems to require being *on* for the company at all times - overtime on short notice, meetings at the drop of a hat. If I'm expected to leave my home life at home, how is it fair that I can't leave my work life at work? I'm more than happy to put in all the effort and hours, and...
Quote: Originally Posted by LookMommy! Neoma, I suggest you have a third child. They are so much more laid back than first children. I've noticed this too, but before we even had children, DH and I settled on one, maybe two spaced 5-6 years apart. My DD doesn't have any of the "I do it!" issues..mostly because if she really wants to do something on her own, she'll do it before I get a chance to do it for her anyways! She mostly struggles with...
This is a very comforting thread. I so rarely read about kids who act like mine (the ones who freak RIGHT OUT for the seemingly small things, writhing, screaming, slapping the face while you carry them to the car, because they wanted to stay at the Pet store and look at fish), and I get so many awful looks from people while I'm holding this Mount Vesuvius of a 2 year old, saying, "I know, you really wanted to stay and *OW* look at fish but *oof* we really need to go. You...
Quote: Originally Posted by mothertoall hmmm...seems to me that if I had said I wanted her to maintain a certain degree of modesty for religious reasons, that it would have been better accepted. Just because my reason are of the non religious nature does not make them less valid....does it? It's not always acceptable to challenge someone else's faith. Challenging someone's logic and reasoning, on the other hand, is a completely different story.