or Connect

Posts by ^guest^

So, some of you may remember me, some may not. I was living with my MIL and things were hard (mostly because of poor diet for DD and MIL's expectations). We moved from MI to CA. We're currently living with my parents until we get up enough $$ for a house rental (3 adults, 1 small child, and 1 chocolate lab = need a house instead of an apt, unfortunately). We expected maybe 6months to a year to settle in and get on our feet financially. I love my mom dearly. She is an...
What exactly is the "stand" you want to take? Forbid her to go out with him? That will just make him forbidden fruit and give her all the more reason to try and see him behind your back. Other than being "really nice" to her, if they don't share any interests, they'd probably be hard-pressed to engage in a satisfying relationship past the infatuation stage. This isn't a judgemental thing to say to her, simply a statement of truth. Maybe express that relationships between...
Oh man, absolutely. We co-slept until recently, when we could no longer comfortably fit the 3 of us in a bed. I was getting BAD. I'm just like you, I wake every couple of hours and it takes me forever to get back to sleep. If I've had no sleep, then I'm just flat out MEAN. If I'm rested, I'm a completely different person. My DD now sleeps in her own toddler bed, right next to ours, and to my complete surprise, we BOTH sleep better. She's down to 0-1 wakings a night now,...
Sounds like my daughter when she's either: A) Sick B) Overtired C) Overstimulated by crowds/bright lights/lots of people talking all at once D) Attention-starved C and D happen a lot at this point. We're in a transition period after moving cross country, living with my parents for the time being. The house was a mess before I got here. Anything left within her reach that is moderately interesting, she wants to grab and play with. This is not a trait I have had any...
Quote: Originally Posted by pookel The one thing that really gets to me is when we have one of these threads and it's seemingly productive and I think I've gotten my message across, and then I see people complaining elsewhere that the lactivism forum has been taken over by "formula feeders by choice." No one accuses me directly of supporting ff by choice, of course. That would be against the UA. But it's pretty depressing to think that no matter how hard...
Quote: Originally Posted by carriebft I doubt anyone here advocates this. I also believe it's in the stickies that we dont agree with this. Then I guess my posts are moot - even though this was what I was getting at all along and there seemed to be some kind of backlash against the concept.
Quote: Originally Posted by pookel But that's exactly backwards - people who have a legitimate reason not to feel bad about a controversial choice are the people who are MOST likely to be bothered by statements challenging that choice. Women who formula feed entirely by choice aren't going to be offended, because they couldn't care less what you think of them. The women who get hurt are the ones who really, really didn't want to use formula, but ended up...
Quote: Originally Posted by AlexisT This is not about 'feel good' activism. It is about catching your flies with honey. There ya go. You don't have to sensor the truth. Best to direct the vitriol towards the establishments propagating formula feeding as normal, rather than the uneducated or the unwilling formula feeders though. To use your own analogy, sure you can't do plank. You go to yoga class and rest in child's pose during that asana....
DD needs her rules very clear cut with no exceptions right now. No throwing anything inside. Sometimes she gets in the mood to just toss anything within reach, not out of anger, just the need to THROW. It doesn't matter to her if she's grabbing a soft dog toy or a heavy plastic toy, it gets chucked regardless. So, no throwing anything in the house. If she wants to play with the dogs inside she can play tug of war with their tuggies. Throwing is for outside. As for the...
Quote: Originally Posted by spepper Here's a question... How do you keep your 2 yo from running off? We stopped at the store today and I had both boys (2 & 5 weeks). It was a quick stop for sunscreen & water, so I didn't bother w/ a cart. We're in the checkout line and DS takes off. I had to chase him halfway down an aisle before I caught him. What do you do? --Stephanie In all seriousness, I can't go to the store without getting a cart,...