or Connect

Posts by gcopeley

Even though I wore my 1st child all the time now that my twins are 9 months old I do use a stroller quite often. I would say you should choose depending on your lifestyle and what is important to you. I have a back to back stroller that worked great for when they were little and in adverse weather conditions. I still use it when I need to go shopping and go to the library. Even if you choose to carry them most of the time it can get to be a bit much when you have to...
Even though I wore my 1st child all the time now that my twins are 9 months old I do use a stroller quite often. I would say you should choose depending on your lifestyle and what is important to you. I have both a back to back stroller that worked great for when they were little and in adverse weather conditions. I still use it when I need to go shopping and go to the library. Even if you choose to carry them most of the time it can get to be a bit much when you have...
Condradulations! It is exhausting so allow yourself the breaks available
I would suggest having a very detailed birthing plan if you do birth in a hospital and want as natural birth as you can have. I started out with a homebirth midwife and found out I was having twins at about 4 1/2 months. I switched over to a doctor at that point because my midwife wasn't trained for twins. I had to make it very clear to them I did not want interventions and that I planned on giving birth vaginally. I went over the birthing plan with them and then...
I would recommend Elizabeth Noble's book on having twins. It was a great resource in carrying my twins to over 39 weeks and having as natural birth possible and preparing for what interventions might come up. Cogradulations!
It has been a while since anyone has posted here so I thought I would. Today, at this moment I am very glad I try to attachment parent with twins as much as possible. I am currently living in an area that little AP is practiced but so many people have commented how secure, happy, content, and many other positive things our children are. It is such hard work giving so much to a 3 1/2 yr old and to 2 babes but I think it is worth it.
I hear you about not "dieting". I eat a very healthy diet but also feel that I don't want to cut back and have it interfere with my milk supply. When it is driving me crazy not fitting into my clothes I think of how lucky I am that I can feed my 2 babes. Sounds like a fair trade. I did need to hear that I am not the only one though.
This may seem like a petty question but I was curious who out there feels like they still look pregnant? I have been asked when the baby is due a few times when out without my babies. My little ones are 7 months old and I still got a big old budda belly. The rest of my body is coming back but it seems that I will never fit into my prepregancy clothes. With my first child it took a month or so but my two little bambinos stretched everything so much. Just wondering if...
It is good to hear that it won't always so challenging.
Karen, thank for reminding me about music. I always forget about using it for bedtime