or Connect

Posts by Kylix

Thanks for the suggestions. It's done this every time I've used it I've rethreaded my bobbin and needle several times ( have had the machine for months). I will check to see if putting the bobbin in facing the other way helps. I will also continue to play with tension. I don't know where my manual is unfortunately. Thanks though.
No one knows?
Hi, I'm a newbie at sewing and am trying to figure out how to use my new machine. Here's a problem I've run into that I hope someone can help with. I'm doing a stitch sampler to start off with and no matter how I change my settings (width, length, tension), the stitches on the back of my fabric are very "baggy"- they pucker ( hope that gives you the correct visual.) The stitches on the front of the fabric are tight and even for the most part. Is this from the thread in...
Hi! I'd like to join in. I used to post in these book challenge threads some years back. So far in the month of March, I've read 1. Wench by Dolen Perkins- Valdez -- Definitely recommend it. A reviewer on the back of the book says that it is a good follow up to The Help by Kathryn Stockett (which I read last year) and I agree I suppose. I loved it all on its own. 2. Sing You Home by Jodi Picoult --Loved it. Definite page- turner, finished it rather quickly. If you like...
I just finished Jodi Picoult's newest book- Sing You Home. I'm a big fan of her books and this one did not disappoint. There were a few things that were maddening- the fertility storyline that seemed inaccurate for one but overall it captured my attention and kept me riveted. Anyone else read it yet? I have some questions that remain that I'd love to get other perspectives on.
How old is your daughter? Babies change so much in appearance over the first year. If you are saying the skin above her nails is much darker, her complexion may change. Her blue eyes may also darken to another color. Biracial babies (no matter the ethnicity--black, asian) can look so different from each other. It is definitely possible that she has blue eyes being part asian or black. It all has to do with the genes that she inherited not the genes that it was possible...
I don't have kids yet but I love the unschooling approach and still also really like parts of TWTM. Go figure. It's funny you posted this because very recently, Iwas skimming through TWTM book and taking ideas from it of ideas on how to introduce subjects etc when I got to the unschooling section. I definitely agree that what she had to say about "unschoolers" (of course it has to be in quotes) was very disdainful. I don't remember the exact quote but it was something...
Quote: Originally Posted by magstphil Yet time has proven that wrong. It wasn't until recently we as a society decided 16 was too young not only to have children but to have much responsibility at all. And it's our society- there are plenty of regions in this world where 16 is "old enough". The thing is we are continually developing so to say because they haven't reached that level or are still developing just isn't a stable argument. If that were the...
Developmentally, I don't think a 16 year old is an adult. A 16 year old is not developmentally the same as a 30 year old, 40 year old, 50, 60, 70 etc. There is scientific evidence to support that the prefrontal cortex of the brain (which guides executive functions like planning, organizing, critical thinking) does not finish developing until the mid 20s. The reason that "adulthood" keeps getting pushed back further and further is that developmental stages change across...
*double post*