or Connect

Posts by minta

TBH, I find futons to be the most uncomfortable option for either sitting OR sleeping. And they kind of scream college pad to me.   It sounds like you want a sofabed but can't afford a good one. What about a daybed? You could probably pick up a nice secondhand one for cheap and then just put a quality mattress on it. I don't think daybeds are nearly as comfortable to sit on as sofas but much better than futons, and it could be quite attractive if you put lots of...
We need to hang onto some X-rays and I honestly can't figure out where to put them. The things are huge, and just don't fit anywhere! Any suggestions?
We have 1 "closet" (BIR) in our entire house in our master bedroom, so that's where I store clothes for all 6 of us. There are 2 dressers in our master as well. It makes putting away clothes sooo easy and gives the kiddos heaps of play / floor space in their room (they all share).
I go back and forth between having one. I do have a home for 99% of the stuff in our house so ideally everything would get put back in its place ASAP, but it doesn't. So I throw stuff in a junk drawer and then deal with it when I have time (or when the drawer gets full). But then I think I could be using that drawer for something more useful (what, I don't know) so I convert it for a couple of weeks, our junk ends up all over the counters, and then I set up a junk drawer...
  It's based on her boundary violation, not my ungratefulness.  The issue is more than an invasion of gifts; it's an invasion of our family and the values that we hope to instill in our children.   I get what you're saying, I really do. But I also think one needs to choose one's battles. With my first baby, I was rather precious (not saying this is you -- it was me) about him only playing with Waldorf-type stuff, non-licensed merchandise etc... etc... And I used to get...
Honestly, I think you just have to get over it. And I say that with kindness, as someone who often receives much too much. Some people just can't help themselves, but that doesn't mean you have to make their tendency to go OTT your problem. You have already shared your views and given your MIL the opportunity to save her money, so now there is no reason why you can't regift everything she gives you, or sell it on, or just donate it. They are gifts, and as such, you can...
    Sorry, I can't figure out how the quote function works! But I think this is a key part of your problem. And I totally get what you're saying as my preference would be the same but I find it's just not possible to expect kids that young to entertain themselves in an acceptable fashion without a lot of supervision and direction. I have 4 boys under 5 myself and when it's just us, I can cook or do laundry and so forth without them trashing the house but when we have a...
I have 4 little boys. We would not be without our sandpit!
Thanks so much for these replies. I have no direct experience with tween or teen boys, so it's helpful for me to hear what kind of things boys this age are into. Every time I ask friends they just tell me what TV shows the kids watch or what games they play, and I knew the boys had to be into some other stuff besides all that!
I'm curious what your 10+ YO boys do in their free time. I can't think of a single boy that age who doesn't watch TV or play video games etc... so I'd love to know what Waldorf kids get up. What do yours like to do?