or Connect

Posts by minta

I'd subdivide into smaller sets that contain a couple firemen, a couple police etc... so they can still mix and match to get more detailed scenarios without having to dump every single piece out at once.
OK, I probably should have stated that we don't have any closets in our house, so to hang stuff for the boys, I either need to get them freestanding wardrobes or build them in. Right now they don't really have anything beyond uniforms that could be hung but I'm trying to look ahead and plan their room design accordingly. I just don't want to give up tons of real estate for a wardrobe if we'll be able to get by with cabin beds and under-bed drawers, plus the odd...
I really don't want to put wardrobes in my boys' rooms as they take up so much space and am wondering how long we can get away with just using dressers. Right now, my kids are little and just chuck everything in drawers but they are starting to acquire school uniform shirts and such that could be hung. WDYT? Do boys actually require wardrobes or can I get away with just putting a couple nice shirts and pairs of trousers for them in one common closet somewhere?
I have no idea what to do with shoes. The kids keep their slippers and sneakers in part of a kitchen nook, which works great. Then I have a wardrobe fitted out with canvas sleeves for shoe storage where we keep school shoes, work shoes, high heels etc... I like it in theory, but the shoes get kind of funky in there unless they are bone dry when we put them away. Of course, having to keep them out somewhere until they're bone dry takes until we're ready to wear them again...
I've simplified in the opposite way: I now have an old-fashioned "wash day" and only do laundry once a week. I love it!
I got rid of most of my baby stuff after #2 as I didn't want to store. We've just had #4. I use: a crib, a bouncer (not during the day as older kids get it; it's for after the others go to bed), a double pram, a chest of drawers with a change pad on top, a clip-on highchair, a sling. That's about it. Exersaucer went, walker went, pack 'n' play went, playgym went etc... The fact of the matter is I can't put my little one down too many places where he's safe from the others,...
The bottom of a cabinet. I love not having crap on top of my fridge!
Back to add Tjej, our change table is actually a dresser with a change pad on top. But then we have another dresser next to that as we're a family of 6 and store everybody's clothes in the master bedroom. I did look into moving the dressers elsewhere in the house but it doesn't impact on my bedside table issue given the limited options I have with the bed and the windows and crib.
Hm, I'm liking the plant stand idea. That might work, and would go with my style. A shelf over the bed wouldn't work as the headboard comes up too high, and sits sort of overlapping the 2 windows so the wall space is just big enough for a little mirror. And I don't know about little shelves on the wall beside the beds as I don't think they'd stick out far enough IYKWIM? Someone on another forum suggested I consider a little drop-down table that I could pull up when I...
We have a massive bedroom but sleep the baby in with us so our bed (king-sized) can only go in one place as the remaining walls are taken up with: BIR, door + ensuite, and crib + change table + dresser. So between my side of the bed and baby's crib is about 2 feet of space (underneath a window) and between DH's side of the bed and the BIR is about 2 feet as well (also underneath a window). I can't fit normal, square bedside tables as they just take up too much space...