or Connect

Posts by minta

We are considering an Ektorp 3-seater for our sunroom and a Manstad Sofa-bed for our family / guest room. http://www.ikea.com/au/en/catalog/products/S69805845 http://www.ikea.com/au/en/catalog/products/50125724 Do you have one of these, and if so, WDYT? TIA!
Our study has 2 desks in it (one for me, one for DH) and a table + bench where the kids do their crafting. It is in a corner and I put down a plastic floor protector underneath it and I just sweep up the mess (stickers, sequins etc...) every couple of weeks when I can be bothered. There's a big roll of paper attached to the end so that the kids can work on something as long as they like, then cut it off and roll out a fresh sheet. Overhead, I have some wooden...
A year and a half ago, this really sorry-looking stray decided we were going to be her new owners and just set up shop on our back deck. DH and FIL were going to cart her off to the pound but I couldn't stand the idea of an animal being put down just because owning her wasn't "convenient" for anybody, so we started feeding her and she's been ours ever since. The problem is that I don't actually want a cat. I refuse to have her inside so she lives outdoors, and I don't...
I threw out all the seashells I collected with my grandparents when I was a little girl. I got rid of them about 7 years ago and feel bad about it on a regular basis.
thanks, ladies! i'm going to show this to hubby as he insists no more than 2 people will ever use the sofa at a time...
Ours is in our kitchen, so I took the door off it and turned it into a cubby / kids' kitchen. Growing up, we had a great storage space under our stairs that I always wanted to play in but my mom used it to store Christmas decorations. I think I'm trying to make up for that subconsciously! It is a great little space for the kids where they can do their own thing but I can still keep an eye on them, which is very handy when I'm cooking but don't want them right...
I'm blitzing my way through the house and next to get sorted is the living room. We are getting replacement sofas (long story!) and I am wondering if I should get a 3-seater with 3 base cushions or 2 big ones IYKWIM? ATM, we have 2 big ones, which means only 2 people sit on our 3-seater at a time as otherwise somebody ends up in a hole. But I'm wondering if we get 3 base cushions, if 3 people will actually sit on the sofa at any one time or does that just not happen...
good for you! unfortunately, i got as far as the baking sheet dilemma, then got fed up and sat and read a magazine instead! lol i'm glad someone'shouse is tidier!
great suggestions! thank you!
We only have 1 LR, no family room, although we do have a rather large landing upstairs that serves as a private living space for just our family (there's a sofa there, a little desk and a reading chair). Part of the problem is the lack of a family room because it means our main LR has to serve as a library, media center, receiving room and general chill-out center. We already have the kids bunking together so that we can use some of the other bedrooms as a study and a...