or Connect

Posts by DevaMajka

I was under the impression that it was virtually impossible for a baby to be allergic to breastmilk. It's very possible to be allergic to something that mom is eating that passes into breastmilk, though that can be removed from mom's diet. All in all, I agree with what you are saying. I'm really "laidback" on the bf vs ff issue. I don't think it's cool to tell any woman what she "should" do with her body. Education is super important, though.   Also as far as the...
I was in agreement until I got to the last sentence. I think it's completely possible to give feedback without praise. I used to be very much in the "don't praise" category. It still makes logical sense to me, but I'm just not so sure it's the best way to go. So I've been a little more generous with my "evaluative praise" in some situations. "That picture is fantastic! I love it!" (then add something specific). Or in situations where I'm trying to teach a specific...
Yesterday I told ds2 "Take these froot loops and go watch tv." Not something I ever thought I'd say to an almost 2yo, but omg, it was one of those days!
  omg, I totally get you there!      
Is this in the realm of normal? I have a friend with a 7yo son, who is homeschooled. We've been neighbors with them for 4 years, and for that whole time he has been "best friends" with my son. They are constantly over at each others house, and he is sometimes here for hours at a time.  He won't stay here if his mom isn't home. He's always had sort of a separation anxiety, but in the last couple of months it seems more than usual. We had a b-day party of sorts today...
    omg, yes. We did that with ds1 with brushing his teeth. We tried really really hard to never do it against his will, and I think it made him think that it was a really big deal. He hated having his teeth brushed, and it just got harder and harder. With ds2, I just brush his teeth. Period. I sing, "eat" his toes, make funny faces, whatever to make it more fun. But the brushing is not an option, and in the end, I do it whether he wants me to or not. (ds1 ended up with...
If it helps any, I had one epi birth (with an ob), and one drug free birth (in a hospital with a midwife). Of the two, the drug free one was much less traumatic, and less painful. The epi worked, a little too well. I could barely feel to push, so the pushing stage was long and tiring and drawn out. Then (and I think this is at least in part attributable to the epi) I hemorrhaged and the dr. did manual removal of placenta. They gave me extra pain drugs at the time, but...
I'm visiting my mom in the States (Ohio) next week. It seems much easier for me to buy some sunscreen online and have it sent to her house, than to give her a list of products that are ok, kwim?   Where can I buy safe sunscreens online, and have it there in a week or less? (Extra bonus points if they also sell xylitol mints!)