or Connect

Posts by DevaMajka

Curious what the norm is. Ds1 is allergic to dust mites, so I have changed his weekly since finding out. It's a lot of work (and water!) to change all the sheets for every bed every week, but I also don't want to go too long between changing, yk?
Yes, that was huge for me. It seems so logical now, but when I first read it, it was a real paradigm shift.   Another book I read that supports this is Einstein Never Used Flashcards (something along those lines anyways). There was one study in the book that clearly demonstrated that young children (I think under 4) just don't have the logical capacity to know that other people feel/think differently than they do. The project was something like this (it was a long time...
  Welcome :) I didn't babywear (too cheap to buy a carrier. But I did carry ds1, like, all the time!). Ds1 is circ'ed (ds2 is not). I had an epidural hospital birth with ds1- and there was no way in heck I was going to skip the epi (with ds2, I was terrified of epi's, so there was no way in heck I was going to have an epi!)! And I've spanked ds1, even though I knew better (obviously, I regret it). Oh, and he was fully vaxed on schedule until he was 12 mos old.   I don't...
Oh, on the heels of the She-ra post, I'll add another one: Ds1 (6yo) LOVES spiderman, and has watched the first 2 Spiderman movies (he hasn't seen the last one because it's quite dark, and I think he would find it scary). He also loves ThunderCats and Transformers.
So I've learned that I need to add a caveat (am I using the right word there?) to my "cio is bad" statement. I apologize if I've offended you or made you feel bad or defensive about this. When I think of CIO, to me it means sleep training in which the baby cries alone, all or most of the time period, with the intention of making them learn to fall asleep on their own. It doesn't seem like what you wrote fits my idea of CIO. I do also think it's sad when people let their...
  Yep, TCC! Sorry :) I do that (leave and expect them to follow) as something that I learned from TCC. I despise when people say "ok, I'm leaving without you then. bye bye!" to get their kid to run after them. But I never portray what I'm doing like that. There's no implication that I might leave without them. I'm leaving, and they are to follow. Not that it usually works with my 2yo, mind you. We're working on that. lol. I know that a lot of people find TCC suspect, but...
I'm with mamazee on this one. I got a lot of great ideas from the CL threads and posts, and I DO think that my kids' opinions/wants/needs are just as important as mine are. I try (though I fail sometimes) to find solutions that make everyone happy. That just seems like the nice thing to do, kwim? But I also think that, even though their opinions/wants/needs are as important as mine, I have more life knowledge and am more likely (though definitely not always!) to have more...
I haven't shaved my legs in years, but I still feel self conscious about it. It makes me sad and a little conflicted, kwim? I might start shaving them just so I can feel comfortable wearing skirts. But for some reason, I'm less self conscious about my armpit hair. Go figure! lol.    
oohhh, I like that. I hope the admins read this and seriously consider it!     ITA with QotM! I like to know that mods are people too :) (though I already knew that, but ykwim)    
You might be crunchy if: Your had to call a plumber because your toddler flushed 2 cloth wipes (used as cloth tp). You know who Alfie Kohn is, and you have a strong opinion of him. You have ever tried nut yeast (sorry, I like the shorthand lol) on popcorn. (sorry, I don't think I'll do it again) You're still amazed at how little compost you get from soooooo much food waste!     The perceived judgement from the first page onward is really wierd. It would...