or Connect

Posts by DevaMajka

If it is indeed yeast, I recommend using grapefruit seed extract. I used it for my last couple of yeast infections, and it honestly cleared it up faster than storebought stuff. I just diluted it (a few drops in 1/4 c of water) and used a cotton ball to apply it externally. I also drank some, but that stuff is nasty.
Yes, definitely. Ds2 was so so difficult right aftet my ectopic and for some weeks after. I "knew" that his world was in chaos and that it was likely the cause of his behavior, but I was still worried, iykwim. Looking back, it was totally related, and things are a lot better now. Obviously, too, my being stressed was reflected in his behavior.    
I have to come back tomorrow and respond to this. My brain is fried tonight! :)   Yep, exactly :)    
Oh, and I agree with the recommendations that you post to threads with the reason other posts were removed. I understand the thinking behind not wanting to call people out, but really, if they posted within the UA in the first place it wouldn't be an issue.
My ideal UA would be something like this:   - don't post to advocate or defend cio, harsh sleep training, physical punishment, elective cesarean section, routine infant medical circumcision, or mandatory vaccinations. Don't post to advocate formula feeding (because it obviously is sometimes defendable).   - no namecalling or personal attacks   - no racism, homophobia, sexism, etc etc.   I am personally not bothered by the snark and cursing, and would be...
That's where I was leaning, was get the MRI first, then go from there. I've been going back and forth on how warranted it is, though, since the symptoms are going away. Thanks for your opinion on that- it's good to hear that other people think it's something to investigate thoroughly. I really wish the doctor had told me she was going to refer me for a CT scan, because I could have asked her questions about it. She originally said we'd wait for the CT scan until after...
Thanks everybody! I've really enjoyed all the responses. I was leaning towards "it's another physical characteristic" but wanted to just...make sure.
Funny that we agree on so much, but have argued semantics in more threads than this one! lol. :) I always say that the only things I really judge about are human rights issues (I include spanking in that. Including race issues, gay issues, sex equality, stuff like that). So in that, it seems that we pretty much agree- the only parenting things I can think of that I really judge and say that one way is better than another, is spanking/other non-gd discipline and cio (I...
What should somebody do when their child talks about skin color, specifically other people having different skin colors than they do? Nothing? Something?   Ds1 is in a multi-cultural school, where well over half of the students are visible minorities. We are white. One of his friends has very dark skin, and he's mentioned her skin color a couple of different times. None of these have any negative thought on his part, btw. To give you an example, my ds, his friend...
  Yes, this. All of your post, really. But especially this.     I was thinking about this yesterday. Very few (maybe?) people feel judged if a random person around them mentions that their baby sleeps in a crib. But if someone mentions that their baby sleeps in bed with them, there is almost this automatic perceived judgement. Maybe they were genuinely judged by someone previously. But the assumption that I am judging you (not you specifically. General "you") because I...