or Connect

Posts by DevaMajka

I agree.   I disagree with the current interpretation of what constitutes "advocating spanking/cio/whatever else." I think the problem is that, under the current UA, people can post in the GD forum and say "I spank my kids, and it's all good. I'm a loving parent" or "spanking in safety situations works for me"  Or "I ferberized my kids from day one, and they sleep GREAT!" And it normalizes those things on MDC. It makes those things sound not so bad, because "hey,...
I voted other. I think this:   Other than that, I don't have a strong opinion either way. But it's really bothering me to see so many posts saying "I spank and I'm proud of it!" (not in those exact words, of course).   Interestingly enough, it seems like some people who voted that they love the minimal moderation agree with wanting MDC's philosophies to be upheld. Please take that into consideration when you make any changes.
My doctor (a neuromuscular dr) wants me to get a CT scan of the lumbar region (I believe) because I've had wierd tingling in my lower legs, feet, and lips. (She's also ordered an MRI of my brain). CT scan appointments take weeks, MRI appts take many months (I've already scheduled the MRI for Aug).   In the last 2 months, I've had no tingling in my legs or feet, and very little in my lips. The nurse at my dr. office said I should go ahead and get the CT scan, then...
  I have to admit, I still don't get why you would consider them "faults." It is not a "fault" that my kid is in public school, or that I use a stroller, or that I use sposies sometimes just because I feel like it. Who says it's a fault? Not anyone who's opinion matters to me.   There are some things that just are going to be judged on MDC. That spanking and other physical punishments are wrong, cio (not to be confused with crying in arms) is wrong, circ'ing is wrong....
Seems to sum it up pretty well, IMO!      re: the part that I bolded- if this is in this thread, I must have missed it. I use a stroller, tried to use pacifiers, and use public school. I seriously didn't see anyone post anything that made me think that they think that I should feel bad about doing so. I suppose it could be that I am so comfortable with those particular choices that I don't notice criticisms of it?        
There are a lot of things I do that are mentioned in this thread, but none of them cancels out my crunchiness. I'm only posting them because...I don't know. To show people that it doesn't matter if you're 100% or not, you can still feel like you belong at MDC.   Ds1 goes to public school, and we love it. We don't eat organic. I LOVE sugar, and so do my kids. We'll get some vaxes. Ds1 is (regrettably) circ'ed (ds2 is not). I use a microwave. We eat fast...
See, I used a stroller with ds1, and use one now with ds2. I don't even understand why I wouldn't. I had 2 hospital births, and would have another one if I had to make the choice. I had 3 u/s with ds1, and 2 with ds2, and had one during my 3rd pg before we found out it was ectopic. I have never read any thread that made me feel "less than" because of those things. I might have read some posts criticizing those things, but I know why I do what I do, and I'm comfortable...
But why would you say you don't belong here? Because other people have made comments that seem to imply as much? If YOU feel like you belong here, then you do. Why would you let someone else define who you are or where you belong? Nobody is 100% crunchy. I let my kids watch disney movies and have plastic, noisy toys. No matter what anyone else says about it, I still belong here on MDC. I'm still AP, I'm still crunchy. (You have to post within the TOS/UA, of course. So...
I do think there are different levels of "AP'ness" (I'm not wording that correctly at all, I'll try to explain. There are some things that Mothering stands for, and is pretty unequivocal about it's stance- physical punishment is one, not using CIO is another, not circ'ing is another. There are other things that are part of the AP continuum, but that aren't "necessary" if you get what I mean. Things like homeschooling (there is a forum for public schooling on MDC), cloth...
Some of these I get, and I do some of them, but I don't understand having a discussion on a NFL/ AP message board on how un-NFL and un-AP you are. Obviously, no one is perfect.   It doesn't make a lick of difference to me if someone uses sposies, formula feeds by choice, eats sugar (we do!!), eats fast food sometimes (we do), vaxes, etc etc etc. Some of these are just sad though. I don't get why someone would admit on MDC that they hit their kids, or that they are...