or Connect

Posts by wannabe

OP, that's such a tough situation to be in, I'm sorry. You tried so hard to breastfeed, it's not your fault that your PCOS prevented a full supply. There's a difference between high fructose corn syrup and just corn syrup, the formula you mentioned has just corn syrup, not HFCS. The main ingredient in breastmilk is sugar, too. It's really very sweet. That's why they have the sugar in the formula. There are thickeners you can add to formula if you had one you were...
Splunky, she sounds just like me when I have asthma. It's horrible, I lie there in bed and I cough and cough, sometimes I throw up a bit, I can't really fill my lungs, and I can't shift the gunk that I can feel sitting right there, and I can't stop coughing and it hurts and I am drowning and I'm tired because I can't stop coughing long enough to sleep. And then I eventually go and use the inhaler, cough three times and the gunk's gone and I can breathe again. Please...
Splunky, have you seen this thread? I'm really worried about your daughter. http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=766683
Actually, you have special immune cells in your digestive tract that make swallowing rather than spitting better. Virus that goes into your stomach is seen by your immune system, which then mounts a response. Besides, spitting is just disgusting and spreads disease. :vomit
because babies are cute and snuggly and lovely and they (mostly) smell good. And if you have them for a whole night you can snuggle them as much as you like without feeling like you have to give them back. Quote: Originally Posted by lilith I like it. That's the question that makes me sooo angry. Since when do I need a break from my own child?! Some people, especially parents of colicky babies, do. And that is fine and doesn't make them bad...
Quote: Originally Posted by Legless Spouse is overwhelmed and unsure, but acnknowledges neither that the problem exists, or that there could be a better way. To them, this just... "Happens". Then you should take over food preparation.
Quote: Originally Posted by llamalluv I don't get that part. If people are using the money to buy houses, then the money is going from one bank to another (or in some rare cases, to a seller who is likely to just put the money back into another house). I don't see how this makes the money "flow" except for a small percentage going to the agent/brokers and the bank for closing costs. I think a lot of it is in the building sector. Plus I heard...
I think these are cool, from Ikea http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/30115113
Your house is really gorgeous, I love the colour in the kitchen. You have a real style. The layout really shows how much layout matters, though. Our 750 sq ft house feels much bigger. But I feel like posting pics for you to give me tips. Could you get rid of the table with the breadmaker on it in the kitchen and put a small unit with drawers or a cupboard underneath there? if it fitted exactly level with the fridge and the window, matched the other cupboards and had an...
I am pale at the thought of $1.29 for eggs!!!!!!!! TJ's is the cheapest I've seen for eggs around here, but they're conventional. Quote: Originally Posted by dubfam They are right by the marinara and pasta sauces. $1.29 a can (big can) for organic...not sure how much the conventional are. It depends on which day you go. They don't sell shelf space or have great stock control, so things might only be on the shelf one week out of five. I've...