or Connect

Posts by wannabe

drop You win, that's huge!
Quote: Originally Posted by Treasuremapper I would guess that almost nobody else would pay that much for that product. I am buying it again. Our favorite bread which was $4 a loaf just a few months ago temporarily went up to $6.50 a loaf, and not it is back to $4 a loaf. I cannot see the bad side in the current deflation. But if it still costs $3.99 to make that loaf that's had to drop back to $4, then there's a problem for the makers. And...
Quote: Originally Posted by GreenSmoothie mama Question 1: The sooner you drink your green smoothie upon blending it, the better, but it's perfectly fine to put them in the fridge for 1 or 2 days. It's best to store your green smoothie in an airtight glass container and choose a container that you can fill up (small, full jars versus half filled large jars). Once you've blended it you've got so much air in there anyway I'd say excluding it from...
I've made delicious strawberry icing with just mushed fresh strawberries and confectioner's sugar. For a cake I'd go with a sponge and fill it with cream and fresh strawberries.
Quote: Originally Posted by aileen (i posted on the other thread too.) i don't think you're crazy. but i do think that sitting unassisted means like you'd set her down sitting on a hardwood floor and run to get the tea kettle and then the doorbell rings and you glance over at your baby and think - "she's looking at a book - i'll just run and get the door". and then after you've made the tea for the person who showed up and yourself you think, "wow!...
I'll bet a lot of people will be dumping analogue TVs over the next two months. All you'll need to do is watch craigslist and buy a converter box for $10.
I've just rearranged the toys, and I need to share how much I adore our truly enormous dollhouse. It is so big it's furniture (built of ply and as tall as my three year old). Instead of something that needs to be stored, I use it to store other things. Dollhouse accessories go in a basket that fits into the house. Our Plan toys tractor and school bus are parked in the two lower rooms. One room was a bookshelf for a while. It serves as a ladder to reach the fruit bowl (out...
Wow, that is amazingly early for the pincer grasp! The average age is nine months. I agree with the PP, three months is way way way too early. My 11 month old keeps trying to get a sip of my coffee - he doesn't realise it's not good for him.
I'd roast a chicken and make a big assortment of roast veggies to go with it (all the root vegetables can be roasted like you would potatoes) Cornish pasties with the turnip, parsnips, carrots and squash Some celeriac recipes http://www.tastespotting.com/search/celeriac/1
Quote: Originally Posted by DeChRi She thinks the biting is funny. She bites, I say ouch and give her a sad face and firmly tell her No, that it hurts Mom. She for some 12 month old reason thinks that it is a game and laughs hysterically. Then I say, ok, no more nursing then, and close up shop. She has been doing this for months, just over the last month she has been really chomping hard. It's a total game for her that I don't know how to stop with...