or Connect

Posts by wannabe

I'd go with the afternoon. I have never made a 10am group with either child until after they drop to one nap.
Organic Valley do one that's only pasteurised. Even their ultra pasteurised milk is acceptable tasting to me (I'm used to fresh milk, too). When we go home I'm constantly surprised that milk goes sour, because the UHT stuff doesn't.
Quote: Originally Posted by berrybear with all of them i try walking around the house (the goal is get a little housework done). the peanut shell and the maya wrap he CRIED almost instantly and i didn't want to push it. the other carrier (where his legs dangle) he'll tolerate that for maybe 15 minutes before i feel like i'm beginning to torture him....maybe he'll do better with that one when he can sit facing out. i see your point about the parenting...
Quote: Originally Posted by Fuamami This is amazing to me! I roast a six pound chicken, and all I'm left with, after one dinner, is bone. And I usually don't even eat much of the chicken. I don't, however, eat the giblets. I guess I could figure out something to do with those, but they're so gross to me. Anyway, I wish I had a family with more delicate appetites. It sure would save a lot of money! Carve the bird in the kitchen and...
Some people can't make things without patterns. If you don't need the pattern and you're not going to sell it, why not make it yourself?
Quote: Originally Posted by sbgrace This isn't true with every bank so you'd want to check on that first. It wasn't true of our bank. As I mentioned above you don't strap yourself with paying off a house--you have to have emergency savings for example. Don't put yourself in a situation where you are going to "need back" the money you put into paying down a mortgage. Yeah, we were discussing that - how much we'd need to hold back from a down...
Quote: Originally Posted by Mosaic Generally no, because you can get a better interest rate on a 10 year loan than you can get on a 30yr loan, so you'd still end up paying more. If you can afford the higher payments, you'd get a better rate with a 10yr loan, but you'd obviously be in deep doodoo if something happened and you couldn't make that higher payment. I don't think *anyone* can really afford to pay a lot more to a morgage than what they'll lend...
I roasted a chicken last week. And it fed me and two kids for the rest of the week. meal #1: roast chicken with roast veggies meal#2: stuffing with an egg fried as patties meal #3: one breast in quesadillas meal#4: veggies roasted in the fat I collected from the original pan meal #5: chicken pie (one breast plus gravy from stock) meal #6: chicken and sweetcorn soup with leg meat and stock meal#7: matzo balls in the last of the stock Quote: Some folks can...
Sleep disturbances (nightmares, sleep terrors and sleep walking) are all related. Our paed said that waking in a tantrum is part of that spectrum (confusional arousal), and you handle it the same way you handle any parasomnia - try for good rest, early bedtime, no stress and they should outgrow it. What kills me is that you can hear it starting and there's nothing you can do to stop it, just lie there and realise that instead of sleeping for the next two hours you'll be...
How about aan experiment? Sleep for a week in pitch darkness, a week with a nightlight and see which week she sleeps better